The Student Room Group

How could I improve this answer? 5 marks

1. Mendel crossed together pure breeding pea plants with purple flowers and pure breeding pea plants with white flowers. The offspring plants all had purple flowers. (Purple is dominant)

d. A student suggested that purple flowers are more likely to be visited by bees than white flowers.

Use your knowledge of natural selection to suggest how this might affect the number of purple and white flowers in the wild.

Answer:

If purple flowers are more likely to be visited by bees than white, they will have a higher chance of being pollinated. A higher chance of pollination means more offspring with the dominant purple allele in their genes will be produced, and these offspring, due to genetic variation caused by meiosis in sexual reproduction are more likely to display the purple phenotype. The successful purple flower characteristic will be inherited more and the unsuccessful white flower characteristic will be inherited less.
But what about the cross family sexual activity? I believe incest should be put into your answer
Reply 2
Based on my perspective, this is already a pretty top answer:h:

Due to my lack of Biology knowledge as I personally dislike it lols 😅 I'm not pretty sure if this will give you max marks, but try to aim at least 4!

I would say this would give you the top marks you needed

Again, I am a bit unexperienced about this topic but this is a great answer

Original post by Will_Upamecano
But what about the cross family sexual activity? I believe incest should be put into your answer

That's pretty irrelevant, I believe you could get banned for this
Reply 3
Original post by mra1108

Due to my lack of Biology knowledge as I personally dislike it lols 😅 I'm not pretty sure if this will give you max marks, but try to aim at least 4!

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it!
Original post by mra1108

What’s wrong? I’ve put my genuine opinion in potential improvements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending