The Student Room Group

I feel really sorry for a teacher on placement

My heart goes out to her. The poor woman sounds so fed up. I can tell her heart isn’t in the job. She even said it’s not. I know I don’t want to stay here at this placement because I can tell they want to drain you till you cry.

I’m a very head strong person so even if they offered me something I would say no because I know the school doesn’t fit my values.

But the poor soul she sounded so fed up. She said they made her take the job because someone left and she figured it was an easy option now she’s stuck here.

It’s really sad because I can tell that this school has done that to more than just her. It scares me too
It's fairly common knowledge that some schools are toxic, why they tell you not to take the first job that is offered to you unless your gut feels OK about them. Two of my friends' mentors were written off for stress (one had an actual breakdown while he was there).Teaching is brutal.
Original post by NeroliTenzing
It's fairly common knowledge that some schools are toxic, why they tell you not to take the first job that is offered to you unless your gut feels OK about them. Two of my friends' mentors were written off for stress (one had an actual breakdown while he was there).Teaching is brutal.

My last place was fab. No stress and they weren’t horrible. Here they are and the poor thing seems a bit done
Original post by paperclip90
My last place was fab. No stress and they weren’t horrible. Here they are and the poor thing seems a bit done

Yes, unfortunately there are some schools that are unpleasant working environments. It's valuable experience to be there because it can help you identify the sort of place you don't want to work, but also help you develop strategies for if you do end up having to work in a less-than ideal school.
Reply 4
Original post by paperclip90
My heart goes out to her. The poor woman sounds so fed up. I can tell her heart isn’t in the job. She even said it’s not. I know I don’t want to stay here at this placement because I can tell they want to drain you till you cry.

I’m a very head strong person so even if they offered me something I would say no because I know the school doesn’t fit my values.

But the poor soul she sounded so fed up. She said they made her take the job because someone left and she figured it was an easy option now she’s stuck here.

It’s really sad because I can tell that this school has done that to more than just her. It scares me too

Its so lovely that you are clearly thinking of this teacher. But at the end of the day, we are all grown ups, all in charge of our own destinies and all capable of doing something about the situations we find ourselves. It is just sad that some don't choose to do anything about it.
Original post by hotpud
Its so lovely that you are clearly thinking of this teacher. But at the end of the day, we are all grown ups, all in charge of our own destinies and all capable of doing something about the situations we find ourselves. It is just sad that some don't choose to do anything about it.

Oh definitely. She said she stayed for xyz reasons and I said well they’re not really going to be the deciding factor it’s you. You just have to do what’s best for you and your happiness.

Ofc I can’t say too much either as it’s my placement school and I REALLY don’t want to get roped into politics.

She asked if I would want to stay for a job but I clocked it was a loaded question because I really don’t like it there and I’m guessing she knows a lot of students don’t enjoy it. My response was I’m going to wait till normality resumes so I can really get a feel of the school atmosphere as at the moment it’s hard with online learning.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending