Original post by qh2003
Same

If u you dont mind me asking UCAT?
Original post by LidaH
If u you dont mind me asking UCAT?

i got 2690 band 3
Original post by thundernugget
Any images of scotia quay? Specifically the rooms? Just curious :smile:

If you check out our virtual tour, you can get an online tour of Scotia Quay and its facilities. :smile:
Original post by Jellytot172
Are there still going to be offer holder days this year? If so when?

Yes! Our Student Recruitment team are currently planning an online one at the end of the month. We'll be sure to keep you updated on this via email.
Original post by thundernugget
Do you have to move out of scotia quay at the end of terms or do you stay moved in for the full year?

Hi there,
If you mean at the end of terms, for example, Christmas/Easter break etc then no, you have the accommodation for the full year. Then for year 2 you will receive a discount of 50% on University-managed accommodation.
Hope this helps!
Original post by adzthemedic
i think i will be firming sunderland too, see you guys there hopefully!

Original post by Cee15
Gap year student here who just got accepted! I'm excited to start in September :smile:

Congratulations! Feel free to join our Facebook Freshers group here to connect with current students and fellow applicants :smile:
Does anyone know when we start applying for accommodation and how we do so?
Reply 49
Original post by strawberry192
Does anyone know when we start applying for accommodation and how we do so?

They’ve just sent an offer holders day email. We’ll probably hear more about it then.
Original post by xnossax
They’ve just sent an offer holders day email. We’ll probably hear more about it then.

Thank you 🙃
Original post by xnossax

I’ve not got this email , anyone else ???
Reply 52
Original post by sophieni
I’ve not got this email , anyone else ???

Maybe they are planning to have more than one
is sunderland a nice area to be in? and does anyone have any idea what it’s like compared to london lol
(Original post by dankiepankie)is sunderland a nice area to be in? and does anyone have any idea what it’s like compared to london lol

there's absolutely no comparison to London lol, its completely different, but its okay generally
Original post by dankiepankie
is sunderland a nice area to be in? and does anyone have any idea what it’s like compared to london lol

I’m from near Sunderland but have lived in London the past 4 years. Sunderland is VERY different - it’s ok, not loads going on but you have Newcastle a short metro ride away which has much more to do in terms of nightlife, restaurants, shopping etc.

The beaches are nice in Summer and it’s a great base for day trips, not far from Scotland and lots of beautiful places on the surrounding coast but it’s very different to London if that’s what you’re used to. It can be a little rough around the edges in places but so can anywhere!

The people are super friendly and welcoming so don’t be alarmed if someone tries to speak to you on public transport haha!
Reply 56
Original post by northstar1
Graduate applicant here. Waiting to hear back from some other options but thinking of firming as Sunderland is home for me and I want to move out of London! Congrats everyone!

I currently live in Sunderland. It's an alright place but I personally think it's really small and boring. You'll probs find yourself going to Newcastle more.
Reply 57

I'm gonna summarise it with the word "CHAVS"

Totally different to London, Sunderland is a city but it very much has a small-town feel to it, especially as it has things like the beaches so close by. Personally, I have loved living here but it's not a place you can compare to London. Outside of Covid there are bars and restaurants and plenty to do, but it doesn't have the variety London does, though Newcastle is really close by. It's a cheap place to live and you can get a really good student experience though, it just depends on what you're looking to get from your student experience?
Original post by Localgirl
Do they still offer the free accommodation for the first year medics?

Yes they do. And 50% on year 2!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending