The Student Room Group

Hello im korean☺️

Do you have any question?

Scroll to see replies

Hello, how do you feel about more and more people getting into kpop and Korean culture as a whole and do you see any downsides with this? What's one thing you wish people would understand about Korean culture?

Original post by nyamii
Do you have any question?
I'm Japanese and unfortunately I am a hikikomori. Anyone relate?
Original post by stupidstupid kid
I'm Japanese and unfortunately I am a hikikomori. Anyone relate?

I've never heard about hikikomori before.
Original post by CaptainStark
I've never heard about hikikomori before.

I'm basically a loser. I never leave my house. I have ADHD and depression.. Luckily I am decent looking at leaast I can get some sex with girls
Hello :smile:
I'm basically a loser. I never leave my house. I have ADHD and depression.. Luckily I am decent looking at leaast I can get some sex with girls

Oh, that's unfortunate. It's hard to respond to something like this.
:hi: what’s your favourite food?
Oh, that's unfortunate. It's hard to respond to something like this.

I'm starting to take medication so I am getting better. I have enrolled at a private college to do my GCSE's and A levels.

Are you Japanese?
Reply 9
Hello, how do you feel about more and more people getting into kpop and Korean culture as a whole and do you see any downsides with this? What's one thing you wish people would understand about Korean culture?

That Is A Very Good Question Indeed
In Japan it does, if you don't have the right qualifications and you have mental illness you are a loser.
I'm starting to take medication so I am getting better. I have enrolled at a private college to do my GCSE's and A levels.

Are you Japanese?

No I'm not Japanese I'm British South Sudanese.
I'm glad that things are getting better for you and hopefully you can use this half term to relax and have fun.
What's the best Korean dish in your opinion?
Yes, you can but it is harder because I need to be on medication. Plus I am not that smart.

Also the family consider it very shameful. They want you to die so they get rid of you. Plus they get mad paying for my medication and paying for tuition and extra support
No I'm not Japanese I'm British South Sudanese.
I'm glad that things are getting better for you and hopefully you can use this half term to relax and have fun.

How old are you?
How old are you?

I'm sorry to hear that. But know that you're not a loser! you're really brave without you even knowing.

Yes, you can but it is harder because I need to be on medication. Plus I am not that smart.

Also the family consider it very shameful. They want you to die so they get rid of you. Plus they get mad paying for my medication and paying for tuition and extra support

You must be really down to be in this situation. But, this shows compassion from your family, otherwise they won't do anything. They care about you because you're their descendant.

It must be heavy having in an unsupported family but--

I'm glad that you've made up your mind and decided your future. See? See what? Wait there are no losers here! just a Winner trying to take back what had been taken.
Many Japanese parents are like this . If you are not good or have mental illness, then parents see you as a burden. I just hope I can pass education and get university admission.
I started my medication this week. I am taking antidepressants, sleep pills, Adderall and lots of medications. The only reason I did not suicde is because of my girlfriend and sex and her help
Theres a person who made a pretty... disturbing... thread about what they'd do to koreans - bro if I was you I'd run
I believe families focussing solely on reputation like this/a shame based culture is quite common in Japan and a large part of east Asia in general

Theres something called a JK - Joshi kōsei (female high school student) - business in Japan I watched a documentary on where older men pay for compensated dating with adolescent girls. Some of the girls that end up going into this business for money and are ended up being coerced into sex still don't go to their family for help because of how strong this culture is, and would rather go into hiding and face hunger

@stupidstupid kid don't give in
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending