The Student Room Group

Beating Burnout With A Blog (GYG)

[scroll] Welcome to my first GYG blog [/scroll]

I've been struggling with motivation since the start of lockdown 3.0 but I'm hoping this will help me and my last few brain cells get ready for my mocks and everything else I'm going to have to do for my A-levels.

I'm currently in year 13 and my subjects are
Biology, Chemistry & Maths

I'm planning to do Natural Sciences at university and my offers range from AAB to A*AA

My dream course is NatSci at Southampton so I'm aiming for A*AA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Next week is half term which is great as I have got LOTS to catch up on!

My mocks are w/c 15/3/2021 so i only have 4 weeks left to revise :shock:

I also have a topic test in maths on my first week back.

Priorities for each subject

biology - make flashcards for the current topic (inheritance), make revision posters for control of blood glucose concentration and blood water potential and revise key terminology for all previous content

maths - revise mechanics especially year 2 content

chemistry - complete at least one paper 2

(edited 3 years ago)
good luck with the blog, I'm also doing bio, chem and maths for a-levels
what exam boards are u doing?
also can i have a tag pls :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by shxttah_x
good luck with the blog, I'm also doing bio, chem and maths for a-levels
what exam boards are u doing?
also can i have a tag pls :biggrin:

My exam boards are:

AQA for Biology and Chemistry

Edexcel for Maths

Tags
@shxttah_x
Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiiii

How are you today? :biggrin:
Original post by Hellllpppp
Hiiii

How are you today? :biggrin:

Im good thx wbu? :biggrin:
My exam boards are:

AQA for Biology and Chemistry

Edexcel for Maths

Tags
@shxttah_x

sameee
ive completely ditched studying atm even tho i have exams when i get bak to school
Reply 8
Im good thx wbu? :biggrin:

I’m doing alright, glad it’s half term
Reply 9
sameee
ive completely ditched studying atm even tho i have exams when i get bak to school

Studying is really difficult atm it’s tough enough staying engaged with online lessons never mind doing revision for mocks which will likely impact our final grades.
I’m doing alright, glad it’s half term

sameee the workload was just getting too much
sameee the workload was just getting too much

really? for me we got barely anything but that was good for me cus I got more time to revise and now half term means full-on productivity :biggrin:
Studying is really difficult atm it’s tough enough staying engaged with online lessons never mind doing revision for mocks which will likely impact our final grades.

get as much as u can done doing ur lesson time and it's online so u can always take it slow, have a snack whilst studying and listen to music if it helps... then when its the weekend prioritise which work needs to be completed first and spend some time finishing off ur school work taking frequent breaks in between... after that choose 1 topic for each subject that u haven't covered in a long time or u find difficult to get ur head around and just focus on that 1 topic for 1 hour... which is only 3 hours in total just for revision over the weekend... this way ur getting some revision done and ur school work completed... even the smallest amount of revision helps
don't overwork urself... stay hydrated and after each hour or so go outside for a mini walk around the block if the weathers good or just sit with ur family and have a chat
try to build up the revision by a small amount so u feel more prepared when it comes closer to exams and then ur not stressing urself out too much.
hope this helps... this routines helped me the most aswell becos im a huge procrastinator lol it also leaves me enuf time to just chillax on a sunday
really? for me we got barely anything but that was good for me cus I got more time to revise and now half term means full-on productivity :biggrin:

for a 1 hour lesson... i get given 2 hours and half amount of work
i think its becos i didn't spend a lot of time the past few weeks on skl cos i had an interview aswell but it just means im really behind now
same im gonna go on a full revision mode over the half term lol
omg love the gyg blog title.
ooooooo natural sciences. may see you at Southampton next year. :wink:
for a 1 hour lesson... i get given 2 hours and half amount of work
i think its becos i didn't spend a lot of time the past few weeks on skl cos i had an interview aswell but it just means im really behind now
same im gonna go on a full revision mode over the half term lol

WTF?! REALLY?! bruh u shouldnt be getting that much for a 1-hour lesson!
hmmm yh - ooh u've been having an interview! How did it go?
aha lol
WTF?! REALLY?! bruh u shouldnt be getting that much for a 1-hour lesson!
hmmm yh - ooh u've been having an interview! How did it go?
aha lol

ik lol it might just be me working slowly becos i usually be having breaky whilst doing my lessons but some of them are literally that long and its soo annoying
its on Tuesday and im dreading it
get as much as u can done doing ur lesson time and it's online so u can always take it slow, have a snack whilst studying and listen to music if it helps... then when its the weekend prioritise which work needs to be completed first and spend some time finishing off ur school work taking frequent breaks in between... after that choose 1 topic for each subject that u haven't covered in a long time or u find difficult to get ur head around and just focus on that 1 topic for 1 hour... which is only 3 hours in total just for revision over the weekend... this way ur getting some revision done and ur school work completed... even the smallest amount of revision helps
don't overwork urself... stay hydrated and after each hour or so go outside for a mini walk around the block if the weathers good or just sit with ur family and have a chat
try to build up the revision by a small amount so u feel more prepared when it comes closer to exams and then ur not stressing urself out too much.
hope this helps... this routines helped me the most aswell becos im a huge procrastinator lol it also leaves me enuf time to just chillax on a sunday

My lessons are all live which is unfortunate as in the first lockdown being able to do lessons at my own pace worked really well for me but it is good as I get feedback immediately and can always ask for help plus I do snack in them sometimes tho which I would never do in in-person classes. unlike in the first lockdown which is good for some but I personally enjoyed taking them at my own pace.

When doing GCSEs my biggest issue was that I overworked so I am trying to go a walks and look after myself but to be honest leaving the house doesn’t really feel safe anymore so I’m struggling.

Personally when I’m revising i break an hours revision into 4-6 different topics and try to do a little bit of each. This helps as when I get to my mocks it will only be a week since I last covered a topic and in exams you have to quickly switch between topics.
Original post by xsowmix
omg love the gyg blog title.
ooooooo natural sciences. may see you at Southampton next year. :wink:

Thank you :colondollar: what course do you do/want to do there?
Thank you :colondollar: what course do you do/want to do there?

I applied to do medicine. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending