The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

University (Castle) College offer holders 2021

Greetings everyone and congratulations on receiving castle college! This is a group for castle offer holders. Please feel free to share your questions, worries and good vibes :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
congrats on castle college! what subject are you all doing? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by squburnr

Ah thank you ever so much and you also !! Hopefully English Literature, what about you? :smile:
Reply 3
thank you! I'm doing Music.

So excited! Castle is beautiful
It really is and the balls and whole community are so very lovely!

I'm doing the BSc Geography
Original post by HarryThompson03
I'm doing the BSc Geography

Ah congratulations! What did you like about castle?
Reply 7
So relieved! :smile: I'm hopefully doing Bsc Geography
Original post by Phoebs02
So relieved! :smile: I'm hopefully doing Bsc Geography

Ah congrats ! Such a great course !
Hi everyone! I'm doing Archaeology BSc!
Reply 10

History and Modern Languages!!
Original post by digitalyea
Hi everyone! I'm doing Archaeology BSc!

Original post by livpww
History and Modern Languages!!

Well done!! :smile:
Reply 12
HEY! I am doing BSc Finance with Economics
Reply 13
Hi everyone! I just got allocated to Castle for Law :smile: I'm a bit worried about sharing a room but I'm really excited for joining some sports societies and being part of such a nice community
Reply 14
Original post by a1d1a
Hi everyone! I just got allocated to Castle for Law :smile: I'm a bit worried about sharing a room but I'm really excited for joining some sports societies and being part of such a nice community

same im actually scared of sharing a room...
Original post by a1d1a

Hi, not to worry! I'm sure it will all fall into place and the accommodation does vary. As the website states ' We aim to provide all first-year students with a place in either a shared twin or a single room in College (but in exceptional circumstances may not be able to do so). First-year students are allocated rooms by the College and some students must expect to share a room. Also, my sister who was allocated a shared room at her time at Durham, was really apprehensive at first, but ended up enjoying it very much!
Yesss !! The sports societies are very exciting- i'm especially looking forwards to the Rowing. Sadly with Miss Rona, it meant that Rowing on water was a no no, and we ended up having zoom training sessions. However, Cant wait to get back to it! Also, the sports formals are exceptional!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by blucas3
Hi, not to worry! I'm sure it will all fall into place and the accommodation does vary. As the website states ' We aim to provide all first-year students with a place in either a shared twin or a single room in College (but in exceptional circumstances may not be able to do so). First-year students are allocated rooms by the College and some students must expect to share a room. Also, my sister who was allocated a shared room at her time at Durham, was really apprehensive at first, but ended up enjoying it very much!
Yesss !! The sports societies are very exciting- i'm especially looking forwards to the Rowing. Sadly with Miss Rona, it meant that Rowing on water was a no no, and we ended up having zoom training sessions. However, Cant wait to get back to it! Also, the sports formals are exceptional!

Thank you so much! Wow I didn't realise there were sports formals but that sounds so exciting :smile: Which year are you in ?
Hiya, I got allocated to Castle for Math & CS. I'm a bit worried about not fitting in as an international but overall super excited :smile:
Original post by a1d1a
Thank you so much! Wow I didn't realise there were sports formals but that sounds so exciting :smile: Which year are you in ?

No worries! I'm in my final year of A levels :smile: However, judging from what i've heard/ seen, it is indeed all very exciting!!
Original post by Raja12
same im actually scared of sharing a room...

I'm pretty sure you don't have to share I think most of them are single rooms

Quick Reply

Latest