The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Collingwood Freshers 2021

Trying to get to know people before we are all hopefully at Durham (if it is your first choice)

If you guys just want to post something like your course and why you picked Collingwood if you did

Scroll to see replies

Heyyy, I picked Collingwood (first choice) as I was recommended it by a friend and Psychology, wbu? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous088
Heyyy, I picked Collingwood (first choice) as I was recommended it by a friend and Psychology, wbu? :smile:

Im doing History, and wanted a big, sporty college which Collingwood is known for
Original post by ChoChoPops
Im doing History, and wanted a big, sporty college which Collingwood is known for

Oh cool! What sports do u play?!
Reply 4
Oh cool! What sports do u play?!

Football and hockey mainly, u play any sports?
Football and hockey mainly, u play any sports?

Yh, I also play hockey a bit but I mean I'm not great at it haha! I prefer netball and tennis. Will u play both those sports at Collingwood?! This convo is basically a PM haha
Reply 6
Yh, I also play hockey a bit but I mean I'm not great at it haha! I prefer netball and tennis. Will u play both those sports at Collingwood?! This convo is basically a PM haha

I hope to play both for one of Collingwood teams and maybe hockey for a lower general uni team depending how good ppl are cause I haven't played for a couple years, and yh its a pm rn but hopefully some more ppl will show up soon
I got collingwood as my first choice for earth sciences and chose it because I'm relatively sporty and it seems like a nice place to be. Pretty excited!

Not 100% sure that I want to choose durham as my firm choice but I think I will.
Original post by Anonymous
I got collingwood as my first choice for earth sciences and chose it because I'm relatively sporty and it seems like a nice place to be. Pretty excited!

Not 100% sure that I want to choose durham as my firm choice but I think I will.

I know, so exciting! What sports are u thinking of doing?!
I know, so exciting! What sports are u thinking of doing?!

Probably tennis and hopefully I can get back into football there as well! I'd also like to try some new ones that I haven't really played before, so that'll be cool
Reply 10

Can’t argue with that logic, what other unis did u apply to
Trying to get to know people before we are all hopefully at Durham (if it is your first choice)

If you guys just want to post something like your course and why you picked Collingwood if you did

Applied to Collingwood because of the sporting reputation, and the facilities look great. Applying for chinese studies :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by remeight
Applied to Collingwood because of the sporting reputation, and the facilities look great. Applying for chinese studies :smile:

Can’t say im too familiar with Chinese studies but does sound rlly interesting
Can’t argue with that logic, what other unis did u apply to

I applied to imperial, leeds bristol and liverpool as well. I think I'll firm durham and put bristol as my insurance, even though it was close between imperial and Durham.
Reply 14
I applied to imperial, leeds bristol and liverpool as well. I think I'll firm durham and put bristol as my insurance, even though it was close between imperial and Durham.

Yh both are rlly good unis, guess it comes down to whether u want to be in London or not
Reply 15
Hi guys! I got an offer for law and I just got allocated. Collingwood was my first choice
Reply 16
Original post by dewwww
Hi guys! I got an offer for law and I just got allocated. Collingwood was my first choice

Good to hear many of us getting our first choice college
Hey guys! Just got allocated to Collingwood too (first choice) for an offer in liberal arts, what are you all studying? I applied for Collingwood because people say its like a big family and also because of the theatre scene and the sports, since i'm a netballer :smile:
Original post by charlotte.rxse
Hey guys! Just got allocated to Collingwood too (first choice) for an offer in liberal arts, what are you all studying? I applied for Collingwood because people say its like a big family and also because of the theatre scene and the sports, since i'm a netballer :smile:

Nice! I’m going to do Psychology. I also might play netball if I go to Durham. Is Durham your top choice?! X
Reply 19
Original post by charlotte.rxse

Hi, I’m studying History and yh based on the ppl so far seems like most are very friendly

Quick Reply

Latest