The Student Room Group

Fav & Least Fav GCSE subject

What's your favourite and least favourite GCSE subject you chose and why?
least favourite was computer science, didn't enjoy it or really tried to grasp the content :rofl: my favourite was probably geography, found it really interesting and my teacher and class were lovely.
My favourite is media studies and Religious studies and my least favourite is geography I wish I never picked it the subject is very boring to me.
My favourite is French because I have a passion for it and I enjoy learning the language.
My least favourite option subject is Drama because it's quite hard and I don't really have much of a passion for it as I used to. I'm also not a huge fan of the practical elements which unfortunately is most of the course. :frown:
I do love the theory though.
Favourite: French, I love the language and since I'm already bilingual languages come more naturally for me.

Least favourite: Art. I wish I knew the amount of analysis and finding of hidden meanings we would have to do. The reason why I hate English is primarily because of searching for something that isn't there, and I find Art contains a lot of that.
(edited 3 years ago)
my favourite was english language because it is the easiest subject in the world literally i can tell you how to get a 9
- learn how to use a semi colon
- memorise fancy names for colours
- read grade 9 essays and write down the fancy words they used and copy them. there is no substance to a grade 9 essay other than it making you feel stupid.
my least favourite was chemistry because it didnt make any sense to me (i also did single sciences so there was more content ew)
My favourite gcse subject was biology or chemistry, I really enjoyed them and I found them really interesting.
My least favourite was IT or French, they were so boring for me and didn’t really enjoy any lesson 😬
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Favourite- Biology, Chemistry or Maths
Least favourite - Art or Religious Studies :puke:
Favourite: Hard to pick between English Lit and Latin, for English I like how subjective it is and the range of discussions, and I really enjoy the different literature and culture topics in Latin.

Least favourite: Biology, I find it hard to memorise all the different facts and frankly hate the dissections, they make me feel ill.
Dissecting is the most fascinating part of Biology, IMO. There's nothing wrong in what you feel about it
favourite: physics or history
least favourite: comp sci
my most favourite is probably either french or chemistry i love languages and i also feel like chemistry is quite fun hehe (yeah ik im weird)

my least favourite, if you asked me before i started doing hardcore revision, wouldve probably been english but right now, its defo rs, or biology SO MUCH CONTENT :')
Original post by ScarletMillion
What's your favourite and least favourite GCSE subject you chose and why?

favourite: histroy (love the content, love writing essays, my teacher <3) and french (im one of those weird people that likes languages and my teacher is really nice)
least favourite: well.. it was product design but long story short (i pestered my head of year, wrote a 1500 word essay to convince my school to let me drop it after they said no because my grade was good and got my dad to phone the headteacher) i dropped it. its now rs because my teacher is god awful and we will probably not cover all the content in time
My favourite was georgraphy.
My least favourite was french (think the teacher was to blame for that though).
Favourite was chemistry and least favourite was history.
(edited 2 years ago)
Fav- Maths, Physics and Computer Science. Really practical and were really the most hands-on subjects I had.
Least Fav- French, just found the lessons overall boring. However, I do like learning the language online because I just found it stress-free overall.
Reply 16
fave was geography, Latin and maths
sometimes history
oh wait no english was my fave actually I forgot it existed for a minute
Reply 17
least fave was probably chinese cos I wasn't friends with my class and the work was all from textbooks
also I was always worried about messing up in speaking presentations

Quick Reply

Latest