The Student Room Group

maths

Asking for a friend who is considering Edexcel international A-levels. There seems to be a few maths in IAL: maths, pure maths ,decision maths, mechanics etc, which one does she take?

I looked at the 2018 specification and am I right to say there are 3 qualifications for maths? And there are compulsory units and optional units, so you take a combo in each qualification?
Hi
I would recommend your friend sees what it is she wants to study because not all courses require the same thing.
In addition, seeking to potential universities would be a good idea as well, even her teachers because sometimes you think you need all A levels and you really don't.
Reply 2
Original post by emopotatodragon
Asking for a friend who is considering Edexcel international A-levels. There seems to be a few maths in IAL: maths, pure maths ,decision maths, mechanics etc, which one does she take?

I looked at the 2018 specification and am I right to say there are 3 qualifications for maths? And there are compulsory units and optional units, so you take a combo in each qualification?

if she choses Math A Level (im pretty sure this is correct if not feel free to correct me haha)
during her first year she will HAVE to take; p1, p2 and (one from s1 or m1)
during her second year she will HAve to take; p3, p4 and (one from s2, m2, s1 or m1)
so by the end of her 2 years she should have: p1, p2, p3, p4 and either (S1 and M1), (S1 and S2), (M1 and M2)

i can only tell you about a-level math and not further maths for I didn't chose that for my A levels : P

Quick Reply

Latest