The Student Room Group

How do I gain abs and a but at the same time

So very cliche, but I want a big bum and legs and a small waist with abs. However I know if I want to grow my bum and legs I need to be in a calorie surplus, but if I want a smaller waste I need to be in a calorie deficit. Please someone with good knowledge in this help me. I just want a sexy body before summer help a girl out.
Reply 1
Original post by Primrose1267
So very cliche, but I want a big bum and legs and a small waist with abs. However I know if I want to grow my bum and legs I need to be in a calorie surplus, but if I want a smaller waste I need to be in a calorie deficit. Please someone with good knowledge in this help me. I just want a sexy body before summer help a girl out.

Do u you have a lot of body fat? Cause if you have fat your defo going to have to enter a calorie deficit and that's gonna impact growth so you'll have to cut then do hypertrophy training which will take u a while, or vice versa. If u don't have much body fat to get rid of start a surplus but make sure its clean, loads of protein, carbs and fibre. I was kind of in the same boat, even though I'm a guy, wanting to get rid of fat but growing muscle and with a clean surplus and a 6 day split (powerbuilding) I was getting bigger and more defined so it is possible to get a slimmer waist whilst getting bigger but it takes a long time and might not work for you.
Id say cut first to get rid of body fat (around 0.5 to 1kg per week) and then clean bulk and start lifting for hypertrophy but no doubt you wont get your perfect summer body. It takes years to get where u want usually.
Original post by DFGH1
Do u you have a lot of body fat? Cause if you have fat your defo going to have to enter a calorie deficit and that's gonna impact growth so you'll have to cut then do hypertrophy training which will take u a while, or vice versa. If u don't have much body fat to get rid of start a surplus but make sure its clean, loads of protein, carbs and fibre. I was kind of in the same boat, even though I'm a guy, wanting to get rid of fat but growing muscle and with a clean surplus and a 6 day split (powerbuilding) I was getting bigger and more defined so it is possible to get a slimmer waist whilst getting bigger but it takes a long time and might not work for you.
Id say cut first to get rid of body fat (around 0.5 to 1kg per week) and then clean bulk and start lifting for hypertrophy but no doubt you wont get your perfect summer body. It takes years to get where u want usually.

Yeah I get it’s going to be a process, I’d say I’m relatively average, I’m not fat not skinny, however I’m afraid of going into a calorie deficit coz I don’t wanna loose my tits or the small bum I have any less. So idk weather to just have a belly for the sake of having a bum or have no bum for the sake of having abs. Like from what I see it’s genetics and some of these lucky girls just don’t seem to put on weight in there stomachs or waste but only in there legs and bum. But when I put on or loose weight there’s no areas it goes to more than others, if I put on weight it goes everyhwere.
Reply 3
Yeah I get it’s going to be a process, I’d say I’m relatively average, I’m not fat not skinny, however I’m afraid of going into a calorie deficit coz I don’t wanna loose my tits or the small bum I have any less. So idk weather to just have a belly for the sake of having a bum or have no bum for the sake of having abs. Like from what I see it’s genetics and some of these lucky girls just don’t seem to put on weight in there stomachs or waste but only in there legs and bum. But when I put on or loose weight there’s no areas it goes to more than others, if I put on weight it goes everyhwere.

You got two options but make sure u choose one, don't do nothing that's worse. Also, ass>boobs and a belly isn't that bad, being defined looks **** anyway id rather stay big with some abs.
How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
Original post by DFGH1
You got two options but make sure u choose one, don't do nothing that's worse. Also, ass>boobs and a belly isn't that bad, being defined looks **** anyway id rather stay big with some abs.

Nah see I’m a tits girl nd I’d be upset if I lost them coz there all I got. So maybe I’ll just up the calories and get a bum so I can have tits and an arse so who cares if I got a chubby belly.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

I am 5 ft 6.5 and I weigh 62kg
I am 5 ft 6.5 and I weigh 62kg

Eat at maintenance, hit at least 1.6g of protein per kilo of bodyweight and resistance train, you have access to a gym?
Eat at maintenance, hit at least 1.6g of protein per kilo of bodyweight and resistance train, you have access to a gym?

No I don’t, I have some weights and resistance bands that’s all I’ve got,

ahhhh thats why u asked bum or tits personally id say focus on ur bum since for guys abs arent that important actually most guys probs prefer no abs so focus on ur bum and for that there is many excersises ik for sure the main one is squats

How heavy are these weights?
Reply 11

ngl u aint gonna grow muscle without enough weight/squats so a cut until gyms open might be fine
You can build muscle in a deficit! Sure a small surplus of 100-300 calories helps more for muscle gain but with sufficient training and a good amount of protein, you can build muscle and lose fat in a deficit.
Original post by the_pharaoh
ahhhh thats why u asked bum or tits personally id say focus on ur bum since for guys abs arent that important actually most guys probs prefer no abs so focus on ur bum and for that there is many excersises ik for sure the main one is squats

why should she define her body the way boys want it. she can do what she wants with it. who gives a f what guys want. if she wants abs they shell build her abs for herself.
How heavy are these weights?

Up to 15 kg, there deffo heavy enough
Original post by hahahxoxd
why should she define her body the way boys want it. she can do what she wants with it. who gives a f what guys want. if she wants abs they shell build her abs for herself.

she cares cuz she litrally asked if guys prefer tits or bum so pls calm down no need to get fired up for no reason
Up to 15 kg, there deffo heavy enough

I would disagree, you can try one of the following programs but I am sure you will run out of weight extremely quickly.
https://thefitness.wiki/routines/strength-training-muscle-building/#Dumbbell_Focused_Routines
i wanna do the same! i have been using this girl on yt called getfitbyivana. I have done 3 of her workouts over a months time (9 min ab workout,15 min houglass figure, and 12 min booty blaser) in just about 1 month I already went up a pants size! just sum body infro I'm short 5'3 and skinny like 110 lb

Quick Reply

Latest