The Student Room Group

Being made to pay accommodation fees when I've moved out..

Hi,

So I've recently moved my stuff out back home and my room is completely empty, however accommodation services is making me pay until the end of the year, which is something I don't want. As my course is completely online now (IT), so I obviously don't even need to stay in the room anymore. They know this but are still making me pay for the room... Is there anything I can do to get out of paying?
With their permission you can find a replacement for your room. Otherwise you do have to continue paying.
The only way you can get out of your contract completely is if you leave the uni, which you obviously are not doing.
(edited 3 years ago)
You can ask them if they’ll let you out of the contract or refund for the duration of lockdown. Some unis are doing this.

But they’re perfectly within their rights to make you pay. It’s what you agreed to when you signed the contract.
Reply 3
Original post by Desideri
You can ask them if they’ll let you out of the contract or refund for the duration of lockdown. Some unis are doing this.

But they’re perfectly within their rights to make you pay. It’s what you agreed to when you signed the contract.

I also didn't agree on my classes all being online making rooms useless for me when they're all online lectures now. Feels like they're taking advantage of it and just want money from me lol
Its all about bucks kid, the rest is just conversation.
Original post by JoeP32111
I also didn't agree on my classes all being online making rooms useless for me when they're all online lectures now. Feels like they're taking advantage of it and just want money from me lol

Yeah I know. I'm not saying they're morally right, just that legally they can make you pay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending