What does this weird recurring dream mean?

Watch
Clez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I keep having this recurring dream where I'm in a sort of noir-filtered forest. There's a really tall humanoid figure striding through the forest towards me who has really long and thin arm and legs and is white in appearance - but I can't look at his face. Every time I try to look at his face I get overwhelmed by dread. Above me in the sky there is thunder and lightning, and behind that there are all these giant crustacean monsters - crabs, lobsters and scorpions, just sort of clipping their pincers ominously. Throughout the dream there is a sort of low, sub-bass noise.

Any idea what that means? I keep waking up in a cold sweat from it an would like to get some better sleep.
OnAndOff
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Clez)
I keep having this recurring dream where I'm in a sort of noir-filtered forest. There's a really tall humanoid figure striding through the forest towards me who has really long and thin arm and legs and is white in appearance - but I can't look at his face. Every time I try to look at his face I get overwhelmed by dread. Above me in the sky there is thunder and lightning, and behind that there are all these giant crustacean monsters - crabs, lobsters and scorpions, just sort of clipping their pincers ominously. Throughout the dream there is a sort of low, sub-bass noise.

Any idea what that means? I keep waking up in a cold sweat from it an would like to get some better sleep.
I don't think it has any meaning, from a religious perspective (Islam) there are three types of dreams: true dreams, false dreams (dreams from the devil) and dreams with absolutely no meaning. Although it isn't good to tell people your dreams either as they may give you the wrong conclusion.
OnAndOff
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by OnAndOff)
I don't think it has any meaning, from a religious perspective (Islam) there are three types of dreams: true dreams, false dreams (dreams from the devil) and dreams with absolutely no meaning. Although it isn't good to tell people your dreams either as they may give you the wrong conclusion.
I also forgot to mention dreams from the devil have absolutely no meaning too.
jademowry123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Clez)

i have had a similre dream but when i look bach there is slenderman, clowns and loads of monsters i wake up and have a panic attack and don't go back to sleep
Clez
Rep:
?
I also forgot to mention dreams from the devil have absolutely no meaning too.
I'm not religious, so I don't believe in devils or that any religious teaching has any basis other than what can be physically, objectively observed.

Ideally I'm looking for a scientific/psychological explaination.
OnAndOff
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Clez)
I'm not religious, so I don't believe in devils or that any religious teaching has any basis other than what can be physically, objectively observed.

Ideally I'm looking for a scientific/psychological explaination.
Alright, that's perfectly fine. It would be better to specify next time 👍
Clez
Rep:
?
Alright, that's perfectly fine. It would be better to specify next time 👍
I assumed it was implicit.
Final Fantasy
Report 5 months ago
It's a dream, it doesn't mean anything.
JMo03
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Clez)

Are there notes that you need to find around the forest?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
23.03%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.79%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.99%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.19%

Watched Threads