The Student Room Group

'I'm still waiting on uni offers' megathread

Hey there...how are you?

Times are tough and waiting to hear back from Unis can be pretty frustrating. Vent out my friends. You could start with:

Your name:
Where did you apply:
What course did you opt:
How long has it been since you applied:
What are your thoughts about this?:
First choice of Uni:
Insurance choice of Uni:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’m just waiting for imperial. I applied back in September, didn’t hear back from them until December when I had an interview, and it’s been silence ever since😒
Reply 2
Waiting for Imperial, UCL and Manchester. I applied on Jan 13th (it's not that long ago compared to many others who have been waiting for longer than I have) for MSci Chemistry and have heard back from Bristol and Sheffield. I had my Imperial interview on Feb 2nd, and haven't heard back yet.. I know the London unis will take some time to respond, but idk why Manchester are just ghosting me like this :/ I just wanna be put out of my misery
Reply 3
Original post by wizkid44
I’m just waiting for imperial. I applied back in September, didn’t hear back from them until December when I had an interview, and it’s been silence ever since😒

I can relate! I applied to Westminster and UAL back in October. Heard from Westminster in December (they asked for a portfolio) and then NOTHING after that. As for UAL, these guys just responded with an interview invite. Silence after the interview. 🥲
Reply 4
Original post by shrikha
Waiting for Imperial, UCL and Manchester. I applied on Jan 13th (it's not that long ago compared to many others who have been waiting for longer than I have) for MSci Chemistry and have heard back from Bristol and Sheffield. I had my Imperial interview on Feb 2nd, and haven't heard back yet.. I know the London unis will take some time to respond, but idk why Manchester are just ghosting me like this :/ I just wanna be put out of my misery

Hey I’m a Manchester applicant as well! Like I said I applied in October. Manchester responded with a conditional offer on 29th November. They’re surely taking their time!
I applied to Bath, Southampton, Loughborough and UEA for NatSci on the 17th of November and still haven’t heard from Bath. The rest have all given offers and Loughborough and Southampton even interviewed me. Bath are blaming it on COVID and BREXIT but all the other unis have managed to get back. I’m getting close to just making my decisions about who to firm without waiting for them.
Original post by shrikha

It took about two weeks to get an offer from Southampton after my interview so there’s definitely no need to worry about imperial you might hear back soon but it seems like it’s taking a while for other people too. I wanted to apply to imperial but an ambassador said not to bother because I have a 5 in English language. Manchester are really popular so that might be why they’re taking a while. Have you looked at the forums to how long is it taking other people to hear back from these unis?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Hellllpppp
I applied to Bath, Southampton, Loughborough and UEA for NatSci on the 17th of November and still haven’t heard from Bath. The rest have all given offers and Loughborough and Southampton even interviewed me. Bath are blaming it on COVID and BREXIT but all the other unis have managed to get back. I’m getting close to just making my decisions about who to firm without waiting for them.

I mean they have valid reasons but that doesn’t mean that they can leave us students in the dark for all time! Many of us could have utilised this time to sort out other important things like finance and accommodations.
Reply 8
Regardless, I hope you guys receive your offers soon! Best of luck 👍
Reply 9
Original post by KMR5103
Hey there...how are you?

Times are tough and waiting to hear back from Unis can be pretty frustrating. Vent out my friends. You could start with:

Your name:
Where did you apply:
What course did you opt:
How long has it been since you applied:
What are your thoughts about this?:

Your name: Sowmi
Where did you apply: Cambridge (rejected:frown:), UCL (waiting after interview), King's (rejected), Southampton (waiting after interview), St George's (Offer)
What course did you opt: Medicine at first four unis and Biomedical Sciences at my last option
How long has it been since you applied: around 5 months :s-smilie:
What are your thoughts about this?: Understandable cos it's medicine but the waiting game is getting too long
Original post by KMR5103
I can relate! I applied to Westminster and UAL back in October. Heard from Westminster in December (they asked for a portfolio) and then NOTHING after that. As for UAL, these guys just responded with an interview invite. Silence after the interview. 🥲

😭😭😭😭the wait is so annoying. And COVID is making and everything worse. There are so many more applications this year
Reply 11
Original post by wizkid44
😭😭😭😭the wait is so annoying. And COVID is making and everything worse. There are so many more applications this year

My interviewer told me that the volume of applicants is DOUBLE the usual. I’m scared lol.
Reply 12
Original post by xsowmix
Your name: Sowmi
Where did you apply: Cambridge (rejected:frown:), UCL (waiting after interview), King's (rejected), Southampton (waiting after interview), St George's (Offer)
What course did you opt: Medicine at first four unis and Biomedical Sciences at my last option
How long has it been since you applied: around 5 months :s-smilie:
What are your thoughts about this?: Understandable cos it's medicine but the waiting game is getting too long

Ahh Medicine! Best of luck....Yes, the wait is a lot longer!
Original post by KMR5103
Ahh Medicine! Best of luck....Yes, the wait is a lot longer!

Thank you. What course did you apply for?
Reply 14
I have applied for Fashion Marketing.
(edited 3 years ago)
Your name: Nawaz
Where did you apply: literally everywhere (R.G)
What course did you opt: MSc Comp Sci
How long has it been since you applied: like forever
What are your thoughts about this?

This sh*ts is taking too long 🤣 rejected at imperial, accepted at kcl, qml, leeds and notts, waiting for Edinburgh, Manchester, UCL etc.. im literally having nightmares of rejection mails 🤣
Original post by KMR5103
I have applied for Fashion Marketing.

oooooooo that seeems interesting good luck.
Applied to lancaster,manchester,southampton and loughborough
Applied like 23rd january so lol it hasnt been too long
Applied for business analytics and management and information technology-both BSc
Original post by KMR5103
My interviewer told me that the volume of applicants is DOUBLE the usual. I’m scared lol.

Double??😭😭😭😭and the number of spaces is the same, if not less because some people were forced to defer from last year
Reply 19
Original post by xsowmix
oooooooo that seeems interesting good luck.

Thank you! 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending