The Student Room Group

Hard Games or Easy Games

Scroll to see replies

Is it really so unfair hard? I watched walkthroughs to the game and it is obviously tough, but in an extent that it is unplayable? that makes me sad. :frown:
Reply 21
I have it, it leaked early

and I couldn't resist it :colondollar:

I had a play of the first level and enjoyed it. I hope it doesn't get too hard, but from what you've said in this thread it looks like it will lol

I had never seen that cat thing before..., I like it.

I played bowsers fury too for a while and like that as well. gets annoying with bowser showing up every 5 to 10 minutes though.........,

I have like 5 cat shines already....., i don't think this game is gonna be too long. enjoyable none this less. they've got this boomerang mario i've never seen before too. my favourite is the cat mario though.
Hard is fine if it's a fair level of difficulty.

If it's all artificial difficulty BS (eg. tests of extreme endurance/patience rather than skill) then no thanks lol.
Ultimately I'm playing games ostensibly to have fun, so while some level of challenge is necessary to achieve that (otherwise it'd just be boring), excess difficulty is not fun and defeats the purpose of the activity in my opinion. If I wanted to do something difficult, unenjoyable, and as a result requiring repeated tedious attempts, solely for the sake of proving I did/can do it, I would just go exercise or something...

Then again I play League of Legends so who am I to cast aspersions?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Hard is fine if it's a fair level of difficulty.

If it's all artificial difficulty BS (eg. tests of extreme endurance/patience rather than skill) then no thanks lol.

Exactly my thoughts! in my opinion difficulty is artificial, if the progress in a game based almost on a coincidence and no skills. Attacking by enemies around you with no spots to dodge is such a thing. Or an exaggerated one hit death by a soft touch of an object or enemies with no check points too!
Reply 25
Original post by ANM775
I have it, it leaked early

and I couldn't resist it :colondollar:

I had a play of the first level and enjoyed it. I hope it doesn't get too hard, but from what you've said in this thread it looks like it will lol

I had never seen that cat thing before..., I like it.

I played bowsers fury too for a while and like that as well. gets annoying with bowser showing up every 5 to 10 minutes though.........,

I have like 5 cat shines already....., i don't think this game is gonna be too long. enjoyable none this less. they've got this boomerang mario i've never seen before too. my favourite is the cat mario though.

Having played a bit more now, I'd say both Super Mario 3D World and Bowsers Fury are like a 9/10

I rarely give games 9 or above, so this game imo is definitely "up there"

Regarding hard games .. I was finding Super Mario U Deluxe on switch too hard, and then decided to play as toad, and it dropped the difficulty level considerably, but it was still challenging imo ....and i passed the part i was stuck on. (some dungeon with larva, and moving ledges which are slippery meaning it's hard not to fall off once you land the friggen jumps)

I feel like a bit of a wuss for having to play as toad, but on the other hand it's good that they put that option in there ...as the game was starting to frustrate me trying to pass that level as mario
It depends, but games are only fun if you win sometimes.
Reply 27
Omg trust meee. I finished the game a couple of days after release but omg was it frickin annoying like any other Crash game. At least they got rid of the lives system in this one.
Original post by Qxi.xli
It depends, but games are only fun if you win sometimes.

The rate of loss and win has to be balanced to be the ideal difficulty level. If I win or loose the way too often, the game gets boring.
Original post by Kallisto
The rate of loss and win has to be balanced to be the ideal difficulty level. If I win or loose the way too often, the game gets boring.

Yeah exactly
Original post by Qxi.xli
Yeah exactly

And to prevent that the wins and loss get to easy, a selectable difficulty level is best, if the most difficullt level is not too easy.
Original post by Kallisto
And to prevent that the wins and loss get to easy, a selectable difficulty level is best, if the most difficullt level is not too easy.

Yeahhh

Spoiler

wait wdum😅
ohh haha thanks for the advice
Reply 34
anyone got a switch?

The Bravely Default 2 demo is out so I decided to have a play. It took me 7 hours to complete (omg), and i went from like level 8 to level 20.

(demo is the march 2020 one i think?)

This demo was HARD

A message appeared on screen that they cranked the difficulty up for the demo and they weren't kidding. At first there are some enemies that arn't too much trouble but then much tougher ones come along and i found myself almost slaughtered.

grinding is necessary and you do need to get to grips with the bravely default system kinda quick, because if you arn't utilising it properly and utilizing it well you really don't have any hope..

All in all I met the game over screen 3 times during the game.

The boss was very hard as well. Lost first time. managed to beat him second time ...but it was not easy at all...,

overall i'd say the game was a solid 8/10 for difficulty.

the boss had some very annoying "cheap" moves.

overall I did enjoy it though. I'll pick up later this month when it's released...
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest