The Student Room Group

Professional Graduate Certificate in Education

Is this the same as a PGCE on your CV?
Original post by hinchflinkle
Is this the same as a PGCE on your CV?

You would have to label it correctly as a ProfGCE and not a PGCE. But so long as you have QTS, that should be fine for most schools.
Original post by bluebeetle
You would have to label it correctly as a ProfGCE and not a PGCE. But so long as you have QTS, that should be fine for most schools.

Does everyone do this? Surely PGCE can mean either of the two, and if asked you would be clear?

I’m just curious to know. Currently on a PGCE now, hopefully I will pass and meet M-level requirements but I recently came across these two terms when checking up on course outcomes and I always play out worst cases.
Original post by hinchflinkle
Does everyone do this? Surely PGCE can mean either of the two, and if asked you would be clear?

I’m just curious to know. Currently on a PGCE now, hopefully I will pass and meet M-level requirements but I recently came across these two terms when checking up on course outcomes and I always play out worst cases.

The proper way to denote it is ProfGCE. PGCE specifically stands for post-graduate certificate in education.

Obviously it's a minor difference and it likely won't impact you getting a job if you do end up with just a ProfGCE, but you should be truthful on your application. I don't have a PGCE or a ProfGCE but I've managed fine with just QTS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending