The Student Room Group

suggestions on what to wear for sixth form

the sixth form i am going to require a formal dress code. so like dress up to the knees, suits: business attire basically. so i want suggestions on what to wear cuz i want to do my shopping online/i don't really know if i'll have time when back at school soooooooo. i want a plain sort of look yano. i was thinking maybe some sort of dress with a blazer type of situation but not really a fan of full on suits. plz help thanks.
hey, my sixth form had a smart-casual dress code, and most people wore non- matching suits (so like any type of formalish trousers with a blazer blazer, or maybe a cute skirt). i had around 3/4 suits, in varying formalness
no one really wore dresses at my sixth form, there were a lot of skirts tho

most of my clothes were bought in person, but i’d recommend shein for some suits (although not best quality, but decent still), i got my suits from places like dorothy perkins, h&m and next

if you’re okay with second hand, i’d look out for depop stuff, i have some sixth form stuff i’m selling as well if you’re interested :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Fatine H
the sixth form i am going to require a formal dress code. so like dress up to the knees, suits: business attire basically. so i want suggestions on what to wear cuz i want to do my shopping online/i don't really know if i'll have time when back at school soooooooo. i want a plain sort of look yano. i was thinking maybe some sort of dress with a blazer type of situation but not really a fan of full on suits. plz help thanks.

Oml same!! The sixth form I’m going to has a dress code of blouse and blazer with either skirt or trousers :frown: I had a look on ASOS or maybe try river island but I think I’m gonna leave my shopping til the summer because anything I order online never fits me 😭
Reply 3
Original post by Mkm5
Oml same!! The sixth form I’m going to has a dress code of blouse and blazer with either skirt or trousers :frown: I had a look on ASOS or maybe try river island but I think I’m gonna leave my shopping til the summer because anything I order online never fits me 😭

at the moment i'm thinking of looking for accessories or like study supplies, stationary, revision books maybe bags i'll look at etc. I might get shoes online but i don't know if i can wear boots. they are the next best thing to trainers - which i'm guessing are probably not allowed. also I want to get a watch so I look smarter but idk a thing about them tho.
Reply 4
Original post by arwaisfailing
hey, my sixth form had a smart-casual dress code, and most people wore non- matching suits (so like any type of formalish trousers with a blazer blazer, or maybe a cute skirt). i had around 3/4 suits, in varying formalness
no one really wore dresses at my sixth form, there were a lot of skirts tho

most of my clothes were bought in person, but i’d recommend shein for some suits (although not best quality, but decent still), i got my suits from places like dorothy perkins, h&m and next

if you’re okay with second hand, i’d look out for depop stuff, i have some sixth form stuff i’m selling as well if you’re interested :smile:

yh I was thinking of maybe a jumper, shirt, tie and skirt sort of thing something casual but not too uptight if you get what i mean. i cannot stand clothes that are too restricting. but since my legs are like unusually long i'm feeling knee high boots or something along those lines. and thanks for the suggestion I'll try looking in town when lockdown eases or covid calms down a bit. most likely to be summertime. 🙍
Reply 5
at the moment i'm thinking of looking for accessories or like study supplies, stationary, revision books maybe bags i'll look at etc. I might get shoes online but i don't know if i can wear boots. they are the next best thing to trainers - which i'm guessing are probably not allowed. also I want to get a watch so I look smarter but idk a thing about them tho.

Oh wow you’re super organised! Yeah I think flat shoes or heels are allowed for me not too sure about boots but yeah I’d say just get a cheap watch ( i got one from H&M for like £3 lol) because it doesn’t matter so much if it gets scratched or something
Reply 6
Original post by Mkm5
Oh wow you’re super organised! Yeah I think flat shoes or heels are allowed for me not too sure about boots but yeah I’d say just get a cheap watch ( i got one from H&M for like £3 lol) because it doesn’t matter so much if it gets scratched or something

i was looking online and the first search result i pressed was from john lewis for £139 i was like nope.... so I'll try looking for something a lot cheaper because I don't want something flashy or expensive I want it to complement any outfits I'll wear just to finish it off.
Reply 7
i was looking online and the first search result i pressed was from john lewis for £139 i was like nope.... so I'll try looking for something a lot cheaper because I don't want something flashy or expensive I want it to complement any outfits I'll wear just to finish it off.

Yeah of course just try your average shops like H&M Amazon ASOS etc and if it’s leather or material straps maybe get a few colours to mix and match with outfits!
yh I was thinking of maybe a jumper, shirt, tie and skirt sort of thing something casual but not too uptight if you get what i mean. i cannot stand clothes that are too restricting. but since my legs are like unusually long i'm feeling knee high boots or something along those lines. and thanks for the suggestion I'll try looking in town when lockdown eases or covid calms down a bit. most likely to be summertime. 🙍

ru sure you need a tie? obviously idk ur school but it just seems a bit too formal to me
knee high boots sounds cool asf though, power move, i just stuck to the usual heeled black boots lol
jumpers & turtlenecks, and maybe a couple shirts as well are all essentials - defo stock up on them :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Mkm5
Yeah of course just try your average shops like H&M Amazon ASOS etc and if it’s leather or material straps maybe get a few colours to mix and match with outfits!

yh I was thinking h&m as a definite option and I'm feeling creative so maybe more pastel coloured clothing to match cuz I normally wear quite dark clothes. I want to wear nice clothes but not draw attention to myself. I also like clothes that come in sets, do you think jeans could be passed or not. they said " students must dress for a business environment.Would this outfit be suitable for working at a professional company like Experian? If the answer is yes then it is right" i don't know what they wear at experian tho so.............
Reply 10
Original post by arwaisfailing
ru sure you need a tie? obviously idk ur school but it just seems a bit too formal to me
knee high boots sounds cool asf though, power move, i just stuck to the usual heeled black boots lol
jumpers & turtlenecks, and maybe a couple shirts as well are all essentials - defo stock up on them :smile:

i was thinking maybe go for a bang on the first week for like good first impressions then definitely tone it down to just the minimalist look. but yh i think i'm overthinking it a bit tho true.
Reply 11
yh I was thinking h&m as a definite option and I'm feeling creative so maybe more pastel coloured clothing to match cuz I normally wear quite dark clothes. I want to wear nice clothes but not draw attention to myself. I also like clothes that come in sets, do you think jeans could be passed or not. they said " students must dress for a business environment.Would this outfit be suitable for working at a professional company like Experian? If the answer is yes then it is right" i don't know what they wear at experian tho so.............

I’d say probably not on jeans but just email up the school and ask! Yeah that sounds brilliant I really want to change up my style too tho 90% of my wardrobe is black lol!
Reply 12
Original post by Mkm5
I’d say probably not on jeans but just email up the school and ask! Yeah that sounds brilliant I really want to change up my style too tho 90% of my wardrobe is black lol!

the thing is my wardrobe is mostly like a long shirt and jeans but my mum fills half of it with dresses and clothes i probably have never worn and never will. i normally just give them to my sister but I'll see if I like anything before I start fully changing things up. either way I'm probably just going to clear it out and donate anything that is not wearable in my sense. starting fresh is always a good option. so I guess jeans will be off the list.
Reply 13
the thing is my wardrobe is mostly like a long shirt and jeans but my mum fills half of it with dresses and clothes i probably have never worn and never will. i normally just give them to my sister but I'll see if I like anything before I start fully changing things up. either way I'm probably just going to clear it out and donate anything that is not wearable in my sense. starting fresh is always a good option. so I guess jeans will be off the list.

Yeah sounds good I’ve got a few tops and skirts I can wear but most of it I’m gonna have to buy. Have fun with all your shopping - when we can finally go back into shops and try stuff on!
Reply 14
Original post by Mkm5
Yeah sounds good I’ve got a few tops and skirts I can wear but most of it I’m gonna have to buy. Have fun with all your shopping - when we can finally go back into shops and try stuff on!

hope so, thanks for the help
Reply 15
hope so, thanks for the help

:h:

Quick Reply

Latest