The Student Room Group

'I'm still waiting on uni offers' megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by wizkid44
Double??😭😭😭😭and the number of spaces is the same, if not less because some people were forced to defer from last year

Makes it even worse ik 😭
Reply 21
Original post by Nawaz_101
Your name: Nawaz
Where did you apply: literally everywhere (R.G)
What course did you opt: MSc Comp Sci
How long has it been since you applied: like forever
What are your thoughts about this?

This sh*ts is taking too long 🤣 rejected at imperial, accepted at kcl, qml, leeds and notts, waiting for Edinburgh, Manchester, UCL etc.. im literally having nightmares of rejection mails 🤣

Must be terrible I’m so sorry! Best of luck for the remainder 👍
Reply 22
Original post by Mueez Khan
Applied to lancaster,manchester,southampton and loughborough
Applied like 23rd january so lol it hasnt been too long
Applied for business analytics and management and information technology-both BSc

Hello there fellow Manchester applicant!
Original post by KMR5103
Hello there fellow Manchester applicant!

Hiyaaa
Reply 24
Hiyaaa

Thoughts on Manchester ?
Original post by KMR5103
Thoughts on Manchester ?

im an international student haha so dont really know much but it seems nice
Original post by KMR5103
Must be terrible I’m so sorry! Best of luck for the remainder 👍

Thanks bud... hoping for the best... I hope Manchester works out.... im not to keep on staying in London per say..... im constantly looking at my inbox and spams, anyone else doing that 😬
Reply 27
Your name: Nawaz
Where did you apply: literally everywhere (R.G)
What course did you opt: MSc Comp Sci
How long has it been since you applied: like forever
What are your thoughts about this?

This sh*ts is taking too long 🤣 rejected at imperial, accepted at kcl, qml, leeds and notts, waiting for Edinburgh, Manchester, UCL etc.. im literally having nightmares of rejection mails 🤣

Hey. How come you were able to apply to so many. I thought the max was five?
Reply 28
Original post by KMR5103
My interviewer told me that the volume of applicants is DOUBLE the usual. I’m scared lol.

Double? Jeez.
It can't be double for every course though, or Unis would have had no first year students this year.

I reckon numbers are up though, plus Unis are being more cautious because unlike a normal year, it is going to be harder for them to be able to predict how many people might get their grades, so they don't know how many offers to make. Not that makes it feel any better for us, just waiting.
Original post by Treetop
Hey. How come you were able to apply to so many. I thought the max was five?

Superpowers 😈😈
Lolzz... im applying for post graduates 🙂👍 no limits of applications... and with all the delay with replies, no hopes as well 🤣
Reply 30
Superpowers 😈😈
Lolzz... im applying for post graduates 🙂👍 no limits of applications... and with all the delay with replies, no hopes as well 🤣

Ah! I thought as long as you had the funding, Masters were easier to get on? I know nothing about it tho tbh
Good luck!
Original post by Treetop
Ah! I thought as long as you had the funding, Masters were easier to get on? I know nothing about it tho tbh
Good luck!

thanks bud... i wish you get through with the best....
Masters surely look easier.. but honestly they're kinda da same... undergrad scores and a word counted sop... just that doing it a second time around seems easier than the first :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Treetop
Double? Jeez.
It can't be double for every course though, or Unis would have had no first year students this year.

I reckon numbers are up though, plus Unis are being more cautious because unlike a normal year, it is going to be harder for them to be able to predict how many people might get their grades, so they don't know how many offers to make. Not that makes it feel any better for us, just waiting.

Of course it cannot be double for all courses but the overall volume a lot higher than usual. It is hard this year for sure!
I guess that most unis would be done with admissions (at least for all those who applied by December) by February end or March first week tops. I have asked around and mailed some unis...they all hinted for February!
Reply 33
Thanks bud... hoping for the best... I hope Manchester works out.... im not to keep on staying in London per say..... im constantly looking at my inbox and spams, anyone else doing that 😬

Ahh I couldn’t relate any better...I’m always checking my mails just for that ONE mail lol.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 34
im an international student haha so dont really know much but it seems nice

Hello fellow international applicant 😄
Reply 35
Applied 18/11/2020
Still waiting for Imperial, Manchester, Warwick. Got AS exam results on 13/01/2021 and they were recently sent to the unis.
Reply 36
Original post by 8013
Applied 18/11/2020
Still waiting for Imperial, Manchester, Warwick. Got AS exam results on 13/01/2021 and they were recently sent to the unis.

Ooh good luck! P.s. hello there fellow Manchester applicant! What course have you opted?
Original post by KMR5103
Ahh I couldn’t relate any better...I’m always checking my mails just for that ONE mail lol.

that ONE mail... :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 38
that ONE mail... :biggrin: :biggrin:

That heartbreak when you wake up to see your mailbox with 5+ new mails and find out that they’re all from American Eagle.😪
Original post by KMR5103
That heartbreak when you wake up to see your mailbox with 5+ new mails and find out that they’re all from American Eagle.😪

and that sigh u let out when its a uni mail.. but it turns out to be just some open day mail etc :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending