The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

(Offer Holders) Oxford Postgraduate 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ampaloompa
I'm waiting as well, received a very similar email (for a very different course)! It's been 11 days since I got my informal offer, but i was accepted while others were getting interview invites so I'm guessing they are waiting to send out formal offers all at the same time.

It appears to be pretty much the same email for everyone. Did you also get a link to an invitation to a Zoom meeting with your department in March?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Sunlmn
It appears to be pretty much the same email for everyone. Did you also get a link to an invitation to a Zoom meeting with your department in March?

The informal letter appears to be standardised! As for the zoom thing, sounds like a unique arrangement from your department's side - I'm quite, quite far from English :P
Reply 22
Original post by ampaloompa
The informal letter appears to be standardised! As for the zoom thing, sounds like a unique arrangement from your department's side - I'm quite, quite far from English :P

Oh ok, then. I can't wait to meet the faculty! So excited!
Original post by Sunlmn

Hi, have you been sent a Zoom link from the English department already? And if so was it specific to your strand?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by 0hhowinteresting
Hi, have you been sent a Zoom link from the English department already? And if so was it specific to your strand?

Yeah, it's a link to an invitation to a welcome event with faculty members. It was in my informal offer letter. The letter says the event will be for all offer holders (for postgraduate English), not only for my specific strand.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sunlmn
Yeah, it's a link to an invitation to a welcome event with faculty members. It was in my informal offer letter. The letter says the event will be for all offer holders (for postgraduate English), not only for my specific strand.

Oh okay, do you mean the link to register for the event? :smile:
Reply 26
Oh okay, do you mean the link to register for the event? :smile:

Yes, that's what I mean (sorry for not being clear!). I registered as soon as I got my informal offer. Have you applied for English (or any other discipline) too?
Original post by Sunlmn
Yes, that's what I mean (sorry for not being clear!). I registered as soon as I got my informal offer. Have you applied for English (or any other discipline) too?

Haha no worries, and yep I also received an informal offer for an English MSt - was just checking there wasn’t some other link that I’d missed!
Reply 28
Haha no worries, and yep I also received an informal offer for an English MSt - was just checking there wasn’t some other link that I’d missed!

Oh ok, got it. Out of curiosity, what's your strand? Mine is the 1700-1830 one. I can't wait to receive the formal offer!
Original post by Sunlmn
Oh ok, got it. Out of curiosity, what's your strand? Mine is the 1700-1830 one. I can't wait to receive the formal offer!

The World Literatures strand! Me too - anxiously waiting for the formal offer now haha
Reply 30
The World Literatures strand! Me too - anxiously waiting for the formal offer now haha

Oh great! Let's hope we'll be hearing back from them soon.
Reply 31
Original post by Sunlmn
I received an informal offer for the MSt in English, saying my application was "of a commendable standard" and that I will be receiving a formal certificate of offer "shortly." Has anyone had the same experience? I'm still waiting for the formal offer letter.

Before I received my formal offer, I didn't get an informal one so that's reassuring. Helps to lessen some of the uncertainty. Congrats!
Reply 32
Original post by bklynxx
Before I received my formal offer, I didn't get an informal one so that's reassuring. Helps to lessen some of the uncertainty. Congrats!

Thanks, you too!
Reply 33
Original post by bklynxx
Hello! Wondering about colleges too and if anyone has heard back.

Hi! I applied back in November and got an offer from Keble on the 29th of January!
Reply 34
Has anyone received a "Survey Invitation" from graduate admissions today which asks you to evaluate the application process?
What grade was required for your offers guys ?
Reply 36
Original post by Arezzo99
What grade was required for your offers guys ?

Mine was a 3.75 minimum GPA, which I believe roughly translates to a UK first (?).
Reply 37
Original post by Sunlmn
Has anyone received a "Survey Invitation" from graduate admissions today which asks you to evaluate the application process?

Yep, probably just automated. I think last application cycle I received it before I was made an offer.
Reply 38
Original post by bklynxx
Yep, probably just automated. I think last application cycle I received it before I was made an offer.

I received it after getting an unofficial offer from the English department. The email says something along the lines, "your responses will have no impact on the outcome of your application." I'm like, WTF? I've already received an informal offer! :eek: But I'm pretty sure it's because the offer is informal and the graduate admissions team has not been notified yet.
Hey everyone. I got my offer last week for MSc in Psychological Research, waiting to hear back from Lincoln College, don't know if anyone else applied there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending