The Student Room Group

HS2 Graduate Scheme

So I have applied for a graduate scheme at HS2 and for the online assessment I need to complete an Intellect Assessment, which is split into 3 parts. Could someone please help me in how to prepare for this?

Bearing in mind maths is my weakness :frown:
Reply 1
The numerical tests companies deploy typically require calculating basic percentage increases/decreases, ratios and sometimes compound interest. You can search "free psychometric numerical tests" in Google and do some practice papers for free from various websites.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you!
Reply 3
What type of tests does the intellect assessment contain?
Reply 4
I am yet to complete it but I believe it consists of different sections like numerical, verbal, inductive etc.
Reply 5
Numerical, verbal and inductive (logic), all timed to 15 minutes each.

Logic has 15 questions/ 1 minute each. 15 questions in total.
Verbal has 5 questions/ 3 minutes each. Each question requires answering 4 parts. 20 questions in total.
Numerical has 5 questions/3 minutes each. Each question requires answering 3 parts. 15 questions in total.
Reply 6
Thank you!
Hey guys! Applied for the communications grad scheme, has anyone heard anything back after the tests?
Original post by Safar.ra
Thank you!

WHy would you want to work for HS2? They are destroying every tree they see at the moment in nesting season as well.
Reply 9
Original post by Marnieridley
Hey guys! Applied for the communications grad scheme, has anyone heard anything back after the tests?

Nothing yet, apart from the assessment report
Reply 10

Nope!
Which assessment report did you get back? I only got the values one and haven’t received anything for my numerical/verbal or anything!
Reply 12
Which assessment report did you get back? I only got the values one and haven’t received anything for my numerical/verbal or anything!

I only received an assessment report via email for the values. Received no other feedback via email. Unless I missed it during the other tests, I received no other feedback. Have not since heard back for about two weeks now.
Reply 13
I don't think they send a feedback report for the numerical/verbal part of the assessment, it was only the value section.

It's a matter of a waiting game now
Reply 14
Got an email to do a video assessment.
Original post by 0le

Congratulations! And good luck!
Reply 16
Original post by 0le

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best
Reply 17
Original post by 0le

Hi 0le, Congratulations on your interview. Wondering if you completed the video assessment? I am also due to complete mine and a little nervous as it is my first pre-recorded interview. Do you remember what questions came up?
Reply 18
Original post by alkz123
Hi 0le, Congratulations on your interview. Wondering if you completed the video assessment? I am also due to complete mine and a little nervous as it is my first pre-recorded interview. Do you remember what questions came up?

Do the video assessment and stop asking for the questions. The emails give you all the information you need. The assessment is very simple compared to other video assessments.

Quick Reply

Latest