The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach 2020/21 Application Support

Scroll to see replies

Me again, trying to read into the detail of offer - perhaps someone can clarify :

If you accept a role within the Essex region you will be removed from the reserve list in East London and will not receive a subsequent offer for East London if more vacancies materialise. If you decline an offer of employment for a role in Essex you will remain on the reserve list for East London until such time you are offered a role in East London or the reserve list expires.

That is not making any reference to other campaigns - I have been told they are all treated individually, but not sure
How long after PECs did most people receive their offer? Seems to be a variance of around 2-12 weeks looking on here and different forums.
Have any West London apps seen a change to their portal? Do they still make changes/updates even though they've put you on reserve list just a few days ago?
Reply 83
Original post by Mickeybuns
Have any West London apps seen a change to their portal? Do they still make changes/updates even though they've put you on reserve list just a few days ago

Mine says the same!
Original post by Mickeybuns
Have any West London apps seen a change to their portal? Do they still make changes/updates even though they've put you on reserve list just a few days ago?

Been on reserve just 21 jan - nov and dec campaigns. Yesterday got email location offer for one.
Reply 85
Hi Sharon, I am in a bit of dilemma as I have accepted a formal offer for one of the locations in London and then I got another offer today for a different location which is much closer to my home. As I will need to wait for the formal offer to come through for the location closer to my home, so I need to inform them of this, how do I do this please? The tab of withdraw application is no longer there in the first position as I had accepted the formal offer. I am hoping it doesn't go against me. Thank you
Original post by SYadav
Hi Sharon, I am in a bit of dilemma as I have accepted a formal offer for one of the locations in London and then I got another offer today for a different location which is much closer to my home. As I will need to wait for the formal offer to come through for the location closer to my home, so I need to inform them of this, how do I do this please? The tab of withdraw application is no longer there in the first position as I had accepted the formal offer. I am hoping it doesn't go against me. Thank you

On the other forum people have said once you accept an offer you cant change it for another location, try contacting your line manager the phone number should be in your email or letter
I suspect this may happen to me as I have received an email location offer but no verbal offer as yet, anticipate another location offer (well hoping really) before next campaign on 17th Feb, keen to hear how you resolve.

Good luck !
Original post by mollyrose3108
On the other forum people have said once you accept an offer you cant change it for another location, try contacting your line manager the phone number should be in your email or letter

You can't 'swap', each area is standalone, choose whichever suits you best and say 'thanks but no thanks' to the one you don't want. They don't 'own' you neither would they wish to, a disgruntled employee is not something they seek, just ensure you have made an informed choice
Reply 89
Original post by SharonMoxon
You can't 'swap', each area is standalone, choose whichever suits you best and say 'thanks but no thanks' to the one you don't want. They don't 'own' you neither would they wish to, a disgruntled employee is not something they seek, just ensure you have made an informed choice

Thanks Sharon. I will definitely make an informed choice based on the right location for me. What I actually wanted to ask was shall I contact the DWP recruitment centre or the line manager for the 1st location (for which I have got a formal offer and all checks completed for start very soon) to let them know that I would like to go for the second location.
Original post by SYadav
Thanks Sharon. I will definitely make an informed choice based on the right location for me. What I actually wanted to ask was shall I contact the DWP recruitment centre or the line manager for the 1st location (for which I have got a formal offer and all checks completed for start very soon) to let them know that I would like to go for the second location.

Well have you had offer for 2nd (sorry haven't read whole thread)? if not, don't do anything. If you have, then you could contact either/both.
If you don't hear about 2nd you may need to start 1st then 'leave' the 1st one. Don't worry about how that feels, no-one will hold it against you, you have to do what you have to do
Reply 91
Original post by SharonMoxon
Well have you had offer for 2nd (sorry haven't read whole thread)? if not, don't do anything. If you have, then you could contact either/both.
If you don't hear about 2nd you may need to start 1st then 'leave' the 1st one. Don't worry about how that feels, no-one will hold it against you, you have to do what you have to do

Thanks Sharon. I have got the 2nd offer on phone and start date confirmed too. I will wait for the formal offer to come through on the recruitment portal and then inform the first one of my choice. Let's hope it all works out fine in the end. Hopefully me leaving the first offer will open the door for someone else. Thanks again for all your guidance.
Reply 92
Original post by SYadav
Thanks Sharon. I have got the 2nd offer on phone and start date confirmed too. I will wait for the formal offer to come through on the recruitment portal and then inform the first one of my choice. Let's hope it all works out fine in the end. Hopefully me leaving the first offer will open the door for someone else. Thanks again for all your guidance.

Hi Sharon, I am very pleased to say that I got the 2nd formal offer too for my preferred location today. So I am all set to withdraw from the other offer in West London, I suppose the best way to do this would be contact the DWP recruitment centre. I was also pleased to receive my 3rd offer today for another location in London, but I politely declined that. I am sure this will help someone else get these roles in these locations. Thanks once again for your help.
Original post by SYadav
Hi Sharon, I am very pleased to say that I got the 2nd formal offer too for my preferred location today. So I am all set to withdraw from the other offer in West London, I suppose the best way to do this would be contact the DWP recruitment centre. I was also pleased to receive my 3rd offer today for another location in London, but I politely declined that. I am sure this will help someone else get these roles in these locations. Thanks once again for your help.

So glad it worked out for you and yes I'd notify the recruitment centre
Reply 94
First day for me. On the induction I read that people recruited on a FT because they did not join on a fair and open competition cannot apply for internal vacancies. Can someone clarify?
Original post by Ing88
First day for me. On the induction I read that people recruited on a FT because they did not join on a fair and open competition cannot apply for internal vacancies. Can someone clarify?

Hi, the vast majority WILL have been recruited under 'Fair & Open' rules, can apply for internal roles once 6 month probation served. Anyone NOT under Fair & Open (the individuals will know as it will say in their contracts, these are people who were inadvertently allowed to do full applications in more than one area due to a computer glitch, and they have been posted as a result of the subsequent application), will not ever be allowed to apply for internal. Those are the Civil Service rules, set by CS Commission. The only other alternative would have been to withdraw the job offers and they didn't want to do that, preferring instead to give 'not fair & open' contracts
Hey everyone,

I have just accepted my offer. Now I have the 'pre-appointment' form to complete. The first page, after the form inquires about DBS checking, it asks, "Is a professional registration required for this role?" I don't even know what this means? So I am unsure whether to answers yes or no to this question?

Also, in regards to the section of the form that asks for the previous 3 years of employment,education etc.I recently graduated, so the vast majority of my, 'last 3 years' is made up of university. The form wants contact details (name, number, email address etc) does this have to be an actual reference (my academic advisor) or just the general contact info of the university. I also did a few short term (8 weeks ) internships while at university - is this worth putting down?

Also, can I use my academic advisor from university as my countersignatory reference?
"Is a professional registration required for this role?" NO
Don't leave any gaps in employment or study
Reference needs to be someone who knows you personally I think
Hi, i've been on the reserve list in Glasgow since the July campaign with a score of 19. Since there's been (and about to be again) other campaigns since, do those with a higher score than me jump ahead? I'm pretty sure I've just about scraped the minimum score and just wondering if i'll likely be offered anything
Reply 99
I really wish they let us see what stage of the PEC's theyre currently checking. I forgot to account for a 4 month period of unemployment and now I'm just waiting for them to get back to me about it. If only we could see each section and edit them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending