The Student Room Group

How to stop mindless snacking

I don't do this too often but id still like to stop mindless snacking. whenever I'm in the kitchen ill grab random handfuls of berries nuts etc, I'm satisfied from my meals i just can't help it if i have nothing do to and I'm bored. sometimes i just want something to chew on (cant have gum atm)
Reply 1
Make sure you keep your snacks healthy. Perhaps, also to resist temptation make sure there are less snacks (so they aren’t there physically to eat) - also if there is anyone else in the house perhaps get them to move your most common snacks somewhere else (maybe out your reach or in an awkward place to stop you from getting to them easily)
Original post by tinygirl96
This is a suggestion that helps, learn a new language

French is a good one. All the resources are divided up according to the type of resource.

Apps
Duo lingo
Babbel

Books
Learn French the fast and fun way
Collins French dictionary

Films
Les Miserables
Madeline

Other methods
Flashcards
Question papers
Worksheets
Games
Poems
Dances
Music
Plays
Tape recorder
Pen and paper and notebook
Pictures
Cartoon strips
Mind maps
Discussions
Videos
Classes for conversation etc. https://www.grantandcutler.com/books/section/FAI

Why would learning a language stop you snacking? :smile:
Original post by laurawatt

because speaking french, the language of lurveeee, makes you not hungry

try it
Here for the answers.
I eat when I see food, I call it grazing..:lol:

it works

in fact if you do anything distracting it stops you from snacking...like whenever im in the kitchen im always on my phone (ikr i need to stop going on my phone) so i don't feel the need to grab something to eat, if that makes sense
Replacing the snacking with another activity may help, preferably one that engages your senses in the same way that taste does. Honestly though, I'd just snack on the berries rather than the nuts. That's healthy enough!
Write down your set meal times and stick to them religiously - nothing more to it man. Just don't snack.
Also play with portions, maybe a small meal on the morning and a bigger one on the evening or 3 light meals.

Quick Reply

Latest