The Student Room Group

Best revision apps youve used?

Please recommend some!
Reply 1
Seneca, adapt, doddle

Great for GCSE what level are you alevel ,gcse?
Original post by a_w_
Seneca, adapt, doddle

Great for GCSE what level are you alevel ,gcse?

A level. Ive used Seneca before and i feel like its not too great because it misses alot of bits from the spec.. i want to try adapt though
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
Please recommend some!

I am now beyond the days of written exams but I used to use a PDF viewer and spotify.
Pretty much the only electronic resources id use.

I would review PDF copies of lecture material and electronic notes, exam papers, practice questions all as PDFs.

All my revision work was done with pen & paper, I am personally of the belief that rote & hand written learning is best method for learning content.

I would literally spend hours a day filling pukka pads with past papers and tutorial questions and generally it went pretty successfully.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mnot
I am now beyond the days of written exams but I used to use a PDF viewer and spotify.
Pretty much the only electronic resources id use.

I would review PDF copies of lecture material and electronic notes, exam papers, practice questions all as PDFs.

All my revision work was done with pen & paper, I am personally of the belief that wrote learning is best for learning content.

I would literally spend hours a day filling pukka pads with past papers and tutorial questions and generally it went pretty successfully.

Yasss i hate typing up my notes.. i feel like i enjoy making and using paper copy flashcards and stuff. Thanks for the recommendations!
Duolingo
Babbel
FluentU
forest
Anki.
Original post by ll ACR ll
forest

Never heard of this one before. I searched it up and really liked the idea of it. Will give it a go! Thanks for sharing
Hi there,

I thought I would reach out to you and recommend Forest and Quizlet!

Quizlet is great for making flashcards on, and studying flashcards that others make. I don't know about you, but sometimes it's difficult to take my flashcards to places for the fear of losing them. Creating them on my phone enables me to go on walks around the park and revise at the same time. As well, it saves paper and thus, saves the environment :smile: its a win win.

Also, I use Forest (the free, similar version is called Flora). Forest is a productivity app, so it makes you concentrate more - which is great. Whilst you're revising, it grows a tree in your virtual garden. So, at the end of your study session, you'll have a beautiful virtual tree!

Hopefully that's helpful :smile:

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending