The Student Room Group

'I'm still waiting on uni offers' megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by KMR5103
Damn this sounds serious 😂

I understand that Liverpool vs Manchester United is the biggest sporting rivalry in the entire country. Fortunately this year's winner is likely to be Manchester city. If United wins this year people in my year think that I will get rubbed every day if I go to Manchester. (Liverpool vs Manchester City rivalry isn't that intense)
However, I got a very low, local student offer with scholarship from HKUST in December 2020 which includes an exemption equivalent to 42 ECTS, leaving me just 198 ECTS to graduate. If I go there I can be able to equip better as I have more time for ECs and internships, thus making me a stronger candidate for masters in 2025.
Original post by KMR5103
Hey there...how are you?

Times are tough and waiting to hear back from Unis can be pretty frustrating. Vent out my friends. You could start with:

Your name:
Where did you apply:
What course did you opt:
How long has it been since you applied:
What are your thoughts about this?:
First choice of Uni:
Insurance choice of Uni:

name : sarah
where did you apply : swansea, liverpool, cardiff, lancaster, queen mary uni of london
what course did you opt: computer science bsc
how long has it been since you applied: i applied on january 8th
first choice of uni: either swansea or queen mary uni of london
insurance choice of uni: i am applying with my real grades so i can only get unconditional offers or no offer meaning that i don’t get an insurance choice
Where did you apply: Edinburg, queen mary, manchester, bristol, king's
What course did you opt for: Psychology
How long has it been since you applied: applied on the 29th
What are your thoughts about this?: Idk, my teachers did me a little dirty with the predicted grades, none of them predicted me an A* so getting into kings is going to be difficult unless,
The first choice of Uni: It's king's but I'm an int student so I can't afford it so even if they do offer me a place most prob my firm would be edin or manchester it's so conflicting I don't want to bankrupt my family
Insurance choice of Uni: Queen mary
Original post by Mueez Khan
Applied to lancaster,manchester,southampton and loughborough
Applied like 23rd january so lol it hasnt been too long
Applied for business analytics and management and information technology-both BSc

Got an offer from loughborough last night...Manchester and Southampton left now
Name: ILPM
Applied to: Imperial, UCL, Edinburgh, Glasgow, KCL Course: variations of physics
Got an offer from KCL, waiting for the rest
Applied: January 27th. Hasn't been long but that doesn't mean the wait isn't getting to me :smile:
My thoughts: they can take their sweet time, it's not like asking them to hurry up will make them hurry up, though I wish they would. I'm getting other college decisions soon too so which ones I accept will of course depend on which universities I get into in the UK. And I certainly don't have until the 20th of May to decide for those :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Tashax2
I applied to Leeds York Aston man Met and Nottingham Trent heard back from all apart leeds

I applied to do a mix of business and marketing
I applied in December 1!!!
It’s my first choice uni and I feel like dying because it’s taking so long and it’s all I can think about !

I’m sure Nottingham Trent will get back soon! I applied in October and heard back from them in November mid (the quickest response out of the 5). Best of luck!
Reply 66
Original post by sy!¡
name : sarah
where did you apply : swansea, liverpool, cardiff, lancaster, queen mary uni of london
what course did you opt: computer science bsc
how long has it been since you applied: i applied on january 8th
first choice of uni: either swansea or queen mary uni of london
insurance choice of uni: i am applying with my real grades so i can only get unconditional offers or no offer meaning that i don’t get an insurance choice

Ahh I see you don’t get an insurance choice! I applied through portfolio and predicted grades. All the best!
Reply 67
Original post by 8013
I understand that Liverpool vs Manchester United is the biggest sporting rivalry in the entire country. Fortunately this year's winner is likely to be Manchester city. If United wins this year people in my year think that I will get rubbed every day if I go to Manchester. (Liverpool vs Manchester City rivalry isn't that intense)
However, I got a very low, local student offer with scholarship from HKUST in December 2020 which includes an exemption equivalent to 42 ECTS, leaving me just 198 ECTS to graduate. If I go there I can be able to equip better as I have more time for ECs and internships, thus making me a stronger candidate for masters in 2025.

Wow that sounds nice! I’m an international applicant so I don’t really know much about it 😅
Reply 68
Original post by Nawaz_101
got through St Andrew's today... still waiting for Edin and Manchester.... the wait...!!!! :s-smilie:
btw, any thoughts/opinions on postgrads in Comp-Sci at St Andrew's for an international applicant.??

Heyy Congratulations! I hope you get in Edin and Manchester as well 👍
I’m still waiting to hear from Salford. I’m trying not to panic as I know it’s a popular course (radiography), but I only applied to them as I’ve got children and couldn’t move due to my other half’s job. I’d love to hear from them though as I’m starting to think it’s a rejection!
Original post by Mueez Khan
Got an offer from loughborough last night...Manchester and Southampton left now

Good luck! And congrats!
(edited 3 years ago)
Got an offer from Manchester last evening! Now it's only UCL and Imperial left..
Original post by shrikha
Got an offer from Manchester last evening! Now it's only UCL and Imperial left..

Those are the ones I'm looking forward to the most too :smile: good luck! what have you applied for?
Original post by ilovephysmath
Those are the ones I'm looking forward to the most too :smile: good luck! what have you applied for?

MSci Chemistry. Good luck to you too, hopefully we get offers!
Reply 74
Has anyone still not heard from Manchester yet?
Reply 75
Original post by shrikha

Congratulations! I hope you’ll get in UCL and Imperial as well 👍
Original post by shrikha
MSci Chemistry. Good luck to you too, hopefully we get offers!

OH MY GOD I'M FREAKING OUT I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM UCL!!!!!!!!!!!! It hasn't updated on evision yet, but I just got an invite to their open day saying something along the lines of "congratulations on receiving your offer to study BSc physics at UCL!"
I applied to:
Bangor (offer)
Kent (offer)
York (offer)
Exeter (waiting...)
Bath (waiting...)

I sent off the application on the 14th of January and York was the fastest response, they gave me an offer within a week! Anyone know how long Bath and Exeter take to get back? I've heard Bath are being slow this year...
Original post by ilovephysmath
OH MY GOD I'M FREAKING OUT I JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM UCL!!!!!!!!!!!! It hasn't updated on evision yet, but I just got an invite to their open day saying something along the lines of "congratulations on receiving your offer to study BSc physics at UCL!"

YES! idk why but your post made me feel super excited lol, CONGRATS!!!
Reply 79
I’ve been waiting since the end of November and have only heard from one uni. I’ve applied to only Scottish unis and it’s taking forever all of them left it too late so now we have to wait till March basically. I’m seriously so done with it all I am so impatient and I’m obsessing over it lol.
I’m sure everyone who is waiting feels the same it’s just so exhausting at this point I don’t understand why they left it so late. It really makes you loose motivation Ive been tempted to withdraw because I can’t handle the stress or the pressure. A bit dramatic I know lol. I’ve been telling everyone else not to stress while I’m doing it myself ahahaha
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending