The Student Room Group

HELP! Says ineligible for provisional driving licence

I applied for provisional licence in December but missed my letter as I was not at home for a month, the letter said i need to send in my identity documents and all back to the given address but if Iam unable to do so within 21 days, my application would automatically cancel and Ill need to make a new one. I didnt get any notification of cancellation. So yesterday I was applying for a provisional licence on the DVLA website and when I pressed submit, it said sorry ineligible to apply for provisional license. I tried calling DVLA it says phone unreachable. I tried to track my previous application, the website says its still waiting to recieve my documents. However the letter said application cancels automatically after 21 days of no response.
what I should do now? Advice would be much appreciated.

This was the message

Sorry...

You are not eligible to apply for this service.

You can select a different service from the driver licensing online homepage.
Please use the link below to return to the motoring home page.
Reply 1
Original post by SZafar!
I applied for provisional licence in December but missed my letter as I was not at home for a month, the letter said i need to send in my identity documents and all back to the given address but if Iam unable to do so within 21 days, my application would automatically cancel and Ill need to make a new one. I didnt get any notification of cancellation. So yesterday I was applying for a provisional licence on the DVLA website and when I pressed submit, it said sorry ineligible to apply for provisional license. I tried calling DVLA it says phone unreachable. I tried to track my previous application, the website says its still waiting to recieve my documents. However the letter said application cancels automatically after 21 days of no response.
what I should do now? Advice would be much appreciated.

This was the message

Sorry...

You are not eligible to apply for this service.

You can select a different service from the driver licensing online homepage.
Please use the link below to return to the motoring home page.

The cancellation hasn't been processed due to potential delays in the postal system.

You can send your documents in as requested and they should be processed accordingly.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
The cancellation hasn't been processed due to potential delays in the postal system.

You can send your documents in as requested and they should be processed accordingly.

However, in the time taken for the documents to have been processed it may be cancelled regardless
Reply 3
Original post by TheDE
However, in the time taken for the documents to have been processed it may be cancelled regardless

Worth a try! :tongue:
Reply 4
Thanks guys! I called DVLA again. They attended, extended my application date till June.
This is exactly what has happened to us! Have you had a response from them. It would be really helpful to know how you got on. My son and I am pulling our hair out. Many thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by Viccccccccc
This is exactly what has happened to us! Have you had a response from them. It would be really helpful to know how you got on. My son and I am pulling our hair out. Many thanks.

This is an old thread so you shouldn't really bump it - but the OP said above your post that they called the DVLA and had their application date extended to send the documents in.
Reply 7
the same issue happened to me, however is impossible to reach out to dvla and it still says that I am not eligible to apply for one. how did you get to extend your application till June?
The same thing happened to me. Trying to contact DVLA but all in vain. How did you manage to get them on phone? Since no cancellation has happened can I just go ahead and submit documents? has anyone tried doing so?
Reply 9
Same as above has happened to me. I’m scared that if i send documents they’ll just take long to come back especially if the application is expired. Can’t get ahold of anyone on the phone. has anyone tried to send the documents after the expiration if so did it work??
How did you extend your application date?
Original post by SZafar!
Thanks guys! I called DVLA again. They attended, extended my application date till June.

Same thing happened to me. Now how can I contact to dial to fix this issue kindly explain it to me

Latest

Trending

Trending