The Student Room Group

Binge eating disorder recovery blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Sounds like a great plan. The thing is that no 16 isn't great as a number, but look at the positives - you are drawing a line in the sand and saying you'll never have them that high again. You've got to start somewhere after all.

Thanks! You’re right but I will always have the anxiety of them going up again. And I feel like sometimes my anxiety is causing them to be higher cause stress can increase blood sugar. My body is so weird and unpredictable. But I’m going to do my best to get it under control and if it still goes bad then I’ll know I’m not at fault this time.
The craving isn’t really high today as it’s the first day so I definitely can get through today. And I will try my best to do things like watch my shows without thinking I need to be munching on high carb food.

Unfortunately, I overslept today and i can only book appointments at 8am. I am always physically and mentally exhausted. But BEAT got back to me and said they have forwarded my email to the beat helpline and hopefully they will get back to me.

I’ll chew on some sugar free gum to help reduce the cravings. I can’t let food control my life.
Thanks! You’re right but I will always have the anxiety of them going up again. And I feel like sometimes my anxiety is causing them to be higher cause stress can increase blood sugar. My body is so weird and unpredictable. But I’m going to do my best to get it under control and if it still goes bad then I’ll know I’m not at fault this time.

That's true, but you shouldn't worry about the future right now. Instead focus purely on today and getting through today. Once you've done today, then focus on tomorrow. There'll be times when your blood sugars go up, but as you say, this now won't be your fault.
I am on keto and it says I can have under 50g of carbs everyday. Which I’m trying to find out if eating cottage pie is okay for everyday as it 39g. I asked On a diabetic forum so maybe they can help before I go out shopping
That's true, but you shouldn't worry about the future right now. Instead focus purely on today and getting through today. Once you've done today, then focus on tomorrow. There'll be times when your blood sugars go up, but as you say, this now won't be your fault.

Thanks
I bought it all, there was no multivitamins so I’m gonna go asda next time when it is in stock.
Blood sugar was 9.8 at 12:26 so I took 1 unit of insulin to lower it. 13:43 it was 6.6(a good reading) then I came back from asda and it was 7.2 at 16:19. I ate cottage pie and it rose up to 11.4 and it is increasing. So now I know to cut cottage pie off my diet. I bought 3 today. So I’m gonna eat the next one later and hopefully on Wednesday, my blood sugars will be fine from then. I’m gonna go full keto. I’m a bit sad cause I love cottage pie and the taste but I have to think about my health. I’m wasting so much money on food this month. I hope I don’t end up this month not having enough for food. Cause I just spent £19.
I bought it all, there was no multivitamins so I’m gonna go asda next time when it is in stock.
Blood sugar was 9.8 at 12:26 so I took 1 unit of insulin to lower it. 13:43 it was 6.6(a good reading) then I came back from asda and it was 7.2 at 16:19. I ate cottage pie and it rose up to 11.4 and it is increasing. So now I know to cut cottage pie off my diet. I bought 3 today. So I’m gonna eat the next one later and hopefully on Wednesday, my blood sugars will be fine from then. I’m gonna go full keto. I’m a bit sad cause I love cottage pie and the taste but I have to think about my health. I’m wasting so much money on food this month. I hope I don’t end up this month not having enough for food. Cause I just spent £19.

How did you find today?
How did you find today?

Today it has been hard. Craving for chicken wrap and lots of chocolate. Ugh I seriously hate life. I wish I can eat whatever I want.
Oh my god this is awful. Keep thinking of burgers, chicken wraps and chocolate. :frown: I doubt this is going to last. I know I’m going to give up soon. I am itching for processed food. Feeling really irritated. I hope this doesn’t last for long. I’ve heard people going sugar free and they had terrible withdrawal symptoms for 2 months. HOW AM I GONNA COPE WITH THESE SYPTOMS FOR 2 months. I already have a headache, feeling dizzy.
Oh my god this is awful. Keep thinking of burgers, chicken wraps and chocolate. :frown: I doubt this is going to last. I know I’m going to give up soon. I am itching for processed food. Feeling really irritated. I hope this doesn’t last for long. I’ve heard people going sugar free and they had terrible withdrawal symptoms for 2 months. HOW AM I GONNA COPE WITH THESE SYPTOMS FOR 2 months. I already have a headache, feeling dizzy.

NOOOOO keep going, you've done so well.
NOOOOO keep going, you've done so well.

I will but it is so miserable. I feel so upset.
I will but it is so miserable. I feel so upset.

Ik EXACTLY how you feel and I'm really sorry it does suck. Its ****ing annoying but remember foods what got us into this mess. If you feel unmotivated just read the beginning of the thread maybe? Sorry I dont know how to help :getmecoat:
Ik EXACTLY how you feel and I'm really sorry it does suck. Its ****ing annoying but remember foods what got us into this mess. If you feel unmotivated just read the beginning of the thread maybe? Sorry I dont know how to help :getmecoat:

I appreciate you being nice. I guess I just have to suck it up if I don’t want to end up damaging my eye socket any further.
I will be strong. I’m glad I don’t live with anyone because They would offer me food and it’s hard to say no. How do I say no when someone offers me bad food?
I have no self control whatsoever
I’m eating lettuce with ham and cheese (no bread, on its own) it tastes good but I have to stop myself from eating too much
BEAT said someone will call me soon to offer support.
BEAT said someone will call me soon to offer support.

Just went out for my walk so missed your reply, but you are strong and you can do this! Think of how much happier and healthier you'll be when you've recovered. BEAT's online support group for BED is tonight - have you thought about attending?
Just went out for my walk so missed your reply, but you are strong and you can do this! Think of how much happier and healthier you'll be when you've recovered. BEAT's online support group for BED is tonight - have you thought about attending?

I feel guilty though, I haven’t been diagnosed with anything.
I feel guilty though, I haven’t been diagnosed with anything.

It doesn't matter that you've not been diagnosed. You're having a tough time in your relationship with food so whether it's disordered eating, an eating disorder, whatever, there's still something there that you may benefit from getting some support with.
It doesn't matter that you've not been diagnosed. You're having a tough time in your relationship with food so whether it's disordered eating, an eating disorder, whatever, there's still something there that you may benefit from getting some support with.

Okay thanks. Can you send me the link to it please?

Quick Reply

Latest