The Student Room Group

whats an underrated film you watched as a kid?

title

Scroll to see replies

Help! I’m a Fish!
does spirited away count. Watched it on Film 4 back when I was 8 (Film 4 was a channel where you could watch films on demand before sky and Netflix was popular)
Reply 3
Original post by summerberry19
Help! I’m a Fish!

never seen that lol. my pick is hoodwinked. ever seen it? made in 2005 must have watched it about 50 times
Original post by Bvbfan
title

why as a kid? I will say Tony Hancock' The Rebel. it's a 60s British comedy, and is on Amazon Prime so not sure why so few people have seen it.

As an adult, Martin Scorsese's The King of Comedy is probably the most underrated hollywood film of all time to me. It even inspired the Joker (2019) film.

Another underrated film is Midnight Cowboy - play this to anyone who says they don't like old films
Original post by ll ACR ll
does spirited away count. Watched it on Film 4 back when I was 8 (Film 4 was a channel where you could watch films on demand before sky and Netflix was popular)

Considering it received universal acclaim and is widely regarded as one of the greatest animated films ever made, it doesn't really count as underrated.
damn, I didn't know it got noticed that much
Original post by ll ACR ll
damn, I didn't know it got noticed that much

It's probably the single most famous anime film in the western world.
Bollywood movies? They're all underrated as far as the universal cinema production and/or audience is concerned.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bvbfan
title

NINE.
Liar Liar.. Classic!
All the old Disney channel movies like-

- 16 wishes
- Radio rebel
- Lemonade mouth
- Camp Rock
- Princess protection programme
- Girl vs monster
- Zapped
- Descendants

etc.
Original post by Bvbfan
never seen that lol. my pick is hoodwinked. ever seen it? made in 2005 must have watched it about 50 times

Nope I haven’t actually!
Help! I’m a Fish!

Yess I remember this film! It was so crazy how they turned into fishes:biggrin:
Original post by Bvbfan
title

The mighty boosh and i still watch it.
Reply 15
Help! I’m a Fish!

OMG loved that movie :woo:
Original post by ^_^/

i have heard of it never watched it tho

Spoiler

Original post by saji13
Yess I remember this film! It was so crazy how they turned into fishes:biggrin:

Original post by ^_^/

Yes! :woo:
It’s a memory I forgot I had!
Reply 18
Original post by A Rolling Stone
why as a kid? I will say Tony Hancock' The Rebel. it's a 60s British comedy, and is on Amazon Prime so not sure why so few people have seen it.

As an adult, Martin Scorsese's The King of Comedy is probably the most underrated hollywood film of all time to me. It even inspired the Joker (2019) film.

Another underrated film is Midnight Cowboy - play this to anyone who says they don't like old fI dont re

because from my experience everyone had a set of random films they watched as kids, and it tends to vary quite a lot from person to person. im not talking about the sort of films that are praised by critics for excellent plot delivery or fantastic writing, I just mean films that we watched when we were younger and so always think of them fondly even if in truth they probably werent that good. basically what im asking is what was that random film you used to watch loads as a kid? lol sorry i think i set the wrong tone with my question
all of the barbie movies

Quick Reply

Latest