The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Application Status

I applied for MMU on the 5th of Jan and i’m worried as i haven’t had a reply yet? I haven’t even received an email confirmation saying they’ve received my application but i’ve already been accepted to two other unis. This is my main choice and i’m worried they will reject as it’s been a while. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to reply? I’ve applied for BA Graphic Design.

Scroll to see replies

i got my offer in january but it seems they're being pretty slack with both the sending out of offers and actual communication??? it's been a month since i got a conditional and i only found out about that through ucas - no actual offer letter from mmu ever came, and i'm still waiting on any sort of confirmation from the uni itself. i've heard the applicant open days are soon and i haven't received my mmu id either - my last email from them was in december and was a 'thank you for registering for our virtual open day' automated email. it's getting pretty annoying considering my insurance choice has been very communicative and friendly in sending out physical invites to their virtual applicant day, applicant brochures, pleasant emails, and have even phoned me to check up on me and ask if i had any questions about the uni or city. mmu has been silent. it's definitely affected my opinion somewhat and i'm starting to regret firming mmu so early lol

anyway!!! all this to say pls don't worry. i know you haven't got your offer yet but it seems a lot of other people haven't either. i have a friend who applied in november and hasn't heard anything yet. you've applied pretty late on so the response might take even longer (i applied @ the start of december). i suppose we need to remember that this year isn't like other years and everyone's working from home, so of course it'll take longer for communications to take place. i'm sure if you've met the requirements to get in you'll get an offer!! best of luck and i hope you get one soon :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Thankyou, it is annoying isn’t it i just need to calm down hahah, i guess i did apply pretty late on just thought i’d ask to see if anyone was the same :smile: thanks though x
Original post by BobbiNicole
I applied for MMU on the 5th of Jan and i’m worried as i haven’t had a reply yet? I haven’t even received an email confirmation saying they’ve received my application but i’ve already been accepted to two other unis. This is my main choice and i’m worried they will reject as it’s been a while. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to reply? I’ve applied for BA Graphic Design.

hey I also applied for BA Graphic Design and haven’t heard anything back yet. I applied in november and sent my portfolio early december and haven’t even received an acknowledgment. I even emailed the art and design admissions department and haven’t heard anything back but fingers crossed they get around to it soon.
Reply 4
Original post by verdanting
hey I also applied for BA Graphic Design and haven’t heard anything back yet. I applied in november and sent my portfolio early december and haven’t even received an acknowledgment. I even emailed the art and design admissions department and haven’t heard anything back but fingers crossed they get around to it soon.

oh right, thank god. it’s nice to hear that someone else has applied for the same course and hasn’t heard back :smile: fingers crossed for the both of us
oh right, thank god. it’s nice to hear that someone else has applied for the same course and hasn’t heard back :smile: fingers crossed for the both of us

I'm still waiting and have applied on November 5, 2020.

Hi, @BobbiNicole

We understand how nerve-wrecking it can be waiting for decisions from universities, please do accept our apologies about the delay in replying. Please don't worry if you haven't received any correspondence acknowledging your application, you can check if your application has been sent via UCAS Track. If you can see your application for Manchester Met in your track then we have received it. We aim to process applications as quickly and possible.

The average turnaround time for applications is 4-6 weeks, however this could be slightly longer due to the Covid-19 pandemic, resulting in our staff working from home. We are currently working through a large amount of applications and ask that you please bear with us.

I hope this helps. Hopefully you will receive a decision on your application soon.

Good luck and best wishes
Carly! :smile:
Original post by Jack Martin
I'm still waiting and have applied on November 5, 2020.

Hi @Jack Martin and @verdanting

For both of who have been waiting for a long period of time for a decision on your applications, I would recommend you to call the relevant Admissions Team to enquiry about the status of your application. Please note that the phone line below will be opened either the morning or afternoon of a day.

Art and Design - 0161 247 5922

Please bear with us while we work through the applications. I can assure you all we are doing everything we can to respond to applicants as quickly as possible, we thank you for your patience.

Hopefully you will both hear from us soon.

Good luck with your applications!

Best wishes,
Carly :smile:
After 4 months waiting, I just received my offer. I am very happy since MMU is my first choice.
After 4 months waiting, I just received my offer. I am very happy since MMU is my first choice.

HI @Jack Martin

I am glad you heard back from us! yay Congratulations on receiving your offer. Whoo:clap2:

congrats!
update: i called admissions and they explained that i should have received a confirmation email by now as it’s been 7 weeks, i recieved an email last night asking for a portfolio! fingers crossed 💋
I applied to Manchester Met a couple of months ago to do Foundation Speech and language degree and not heard anything. Emailed to enquire and no response. I’m a mature student and feel sick every time I open mail box. I think the not knowing is worst thing!
Original post by Cherrybobbles78
I applied to Manchester Met a couple of months ago to do Foundation Speech and language degree and not heard anything. Emailed to enquire and no response. I’m a mature student and feel sick every time I open mail box. I think the not knowing is worst thing!

ring them and explain your situation they will send you to admissions x

Hi @Cherrybobbles78

I'm really sorry to hear you've still not had an update on your application. Please contact the Health Admissions team on 0161 247 5920. Alternatively email [email protected], including your name, UCAS ID and course applied for.

I hope this helps, best wishes.

Jacob :smile:
update: i called admissions and they explained that i should have received a confirmation email by now as it’s been 7 weeks, i recieved an email last night asking for a portfolio! fingers crossed 💋

@BobbiNicole

Best of luck!!

I really don't understand how it takes so long. You say you're working from home but then every other uni is too. So how come they can get back to me in a couple of days after my applications and you guys have taken since the beginning of January to reply? Why are people are having to wait so long with little to no communication whatsoever from your end. Its so so unprofessional. Sorry. But its the truth. Let people know if youve received their application at least. Leaving people in the dark is just cruel.
Original post by Cloudylad
I really don't understand how it takes so long. You say you're working from home but then every other uni is too. So how come they can get back to me in a couple of days after my applications and you guys have taken since the beginning of January to reply? Why are people are having to wait so long with little to no communication whatsoever from your end. Its so so unprofessional. Sorry. But its the truth. Let people know if youve received their application at least. Leaving people in the dark is just cruel.

i think you've just spoken for every single one of us there hahaha for such a big university with so many students and applicants you'd think there would be more staff to balance that out but either there is and they're sitting on their asses or there isn't and they need to hire more. i had so much patience at the start and while i'm lucky i got my offer a couple of months ago (i'm not applying for a particularly competitive course whatsoever which is probably why) things like emails sent to their inquiries team remain unreplied to days and days later, and the responses i do get are vague and don't actually answer my original question.

the difference between mmu and ljmu (one of the other unis i applied to) in their customer service has been shocking. i've received two phone calls from ljmu to check up on me and ask if i had any questions about the uni, an invitation to a northern ireland only applicants open day (which is where i'm from, and is actually scheduled for today lol), an invitation to an applicant app thing where we can connect with other applicants, and they've jumped to answer all my inquiries within 24 hours. on top of that i got my offer literally 28 hours after sending my ucas off. i get ljmu is smaller than mmu but they seem to have handled working from home exceptionally and it's really given me a good impression of the uni. mmu on the other hand, while being my firm, has really disappointed me again and again, and i'm starting to really regret placing it as my firm so hastily.

they've really gotta sort out their customer service. if they can't give offers as quickly as other unis for whatever reason, a single email sent out every few weeks to everyone on their applicant mailing list to say 'hey, we've got your application and we're working on it we promise!' with an update or two would put everyone's minds mostly at ease. an email like that would take 5 minutes to type up and would save applicants hours and hours of worrying and stress as a result.
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @Cherrybobbles78

I'm really sorry to hear you've still not had an update on your application. Please contact the Health Admissions team on 0161 247 5920. Alternatively email [email protected], including your name, UCAS ID and course applied for.

I hope this helps, best wishes.

I’ve emailed them previously and received no reply- not even an acknowledgment of receipt, but I’ll try again. Thanks 😊
I’ve emailed them previously and received no reply- not even an acknowledgment of receipt, but I’ll try again. Thanks 😊

Hi @Cherrybobbles78

Our admissions teams are incredibly busy at this time, which is why you may not have had a instant response. If you can see your application for Manchester Met in your UCAS track we have received it. I would recommend calling the admissions team for a further update, as you will get a quicker response. You can call them on 0161 247 5920.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending