The Student Room Group

Brunel university interview for occupational therapy 2021

Hey does anyway else have an interview with Brunel tomorrow on Zoom.
Can anyone tell me the types of questions to expect as I’m a bit nervous.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sammi._08
Hey does anyway else have an interview with Brunel tomorrow on Zoom.
Can anyone tell me the types of questions to expect as I’m a bit nervous.

Hi, I have an interview with Brunel next week, could you tell me what they asked you please?
Reply 2
Original post by MaRad4
Hi, I have an interview with Brunel next week, could you tell me what they asked you please?

Hi
I had a group selection event on zoom
And then a written task which I had to complete
They asked me questions like why I would be suited to the profession and what qualities would I need for my chosen profession, Why I want to study at their university, and 2 important things for my transition to university studies and how I would prepare.
I’m not sure if it’s different for other courses though.
Reply 3
Original post by Sammi._08
Hi
I had a group selection event on zoom
And then a written task which I had to complete
They asked me questions like why I would be suited to the profession and what qualities would I need for my chosen profession, Why I want to study at their university, and 2 important things for my transition to university studies and how I would prepare.
I’m not sure if it’s different for other courses though.

Ah thanks, I'm also an OT applicant but for the MSc rather than BSc. Good luck!
Original post by MaRad4
Ah thanks, I'm also an OT applicant but for the MSc rather than BSc. Good luck!

Hi. Can I ask when the start date of your masters is?
Reply 5
Original post by emilypotter
Hi. Can I ask when the start date of your masters is?

It's September 2021, can't say I know the exact date but I reckon near the end of September.
Are you also applying?
Original post by MaRad4
It's September 2021, can't say I know the exact date but I reckon near the end of September.
Are you also applying?

Hi, the university’s near me are Jan 2022 entry
Reply 7
Original post by emilypotter
Hi, the university’s near me are Jan 2022 entry

Yeah, they vary. Some are September start (like Brunel) and some are January (Lincoln comes to mind?). I'm going for September starts though.
Original post by MaRad4
Yeah, they vary. Some are September start (like Brunel) and some are January (Lincoln comes to mind?). I'm going for September starts though.

Yes I’m further north like Leeds / Sheffield way. Best of luck
Reply 9
Hi,
Sorry to jump in.

I also have a Zoom interview coming up at Brunel for the BSc. Can I ask what the group selection involved?

Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by dtoint
Hey!

Applying for OT Masters (pre reg) Sep 2021.

I'm waiting to hear back from admissions as to whether I'm going to be offered an interview for the masters! Has anyone got any tips for the process or has anyone been interviewed yet for the masters?

Thanks!

Hi! I had an interview for the masters and got in! Honestly the interview is pretty straight forward, is about 20 minutes and they ask standard questions about what is OT / why you want to do it / relevant skills etc. They also want to know times you’ve overcome a problem or had to work in a team etc. When you get an interview offer, you also get sent a little questionnaire and some resources.
Feel free to message me if you have more questions!
Don't know if this is too late... I had an interview with Brunel a few weeks ago on Zoom (I'm an international student). The group session is just you and another applicant discuss some questions unrelated to OT (more like IQ and psychology tests). They just want to see your communication and reasoning skills. It's completely okay not to know the answer. I didn't know how to answer one of them but still got an offer. Good luck to your interview!
Reply 12
Original post by echowado
Don't know if this is too late... I had an interview with Brunel a few weeks ago on Zoom (I'm an international student). The group session is just you and another applicant discuss some questions unrelated to OT (more like IQ and psychology tests). They just want to see your communication and reasoning skills. It's completely okay not to know the answer. I didn't know how to answer one of them but still got an offer. Good luck to your interview!

Thanks for the response.

Good luck!
Original post by MaRad4
Hi! I had an interview for the masters and got in! Honestly the interview is pretty straight forward, is about 20 minutes and they ask standard questions about what is OT / why you want to do it / relevant skills etc. They also want to know times you’ve overcome a problem or had to work in a team etc. When you get an interview offer, you also get sent a little questionnaire and some resources.

Hey My name is Maddi, I'm an international student from the States who got into Brunel's Masters OT program. I'm trying to meet others who got in and hopefully get your name/ number so we can chat about other things regarding the school!! I'm super excited but also scared, especially because I've seen bad reviews about Brunel....
Reply 14
Original post by maddiholder01
Hey My name is Maddi, I'm an international student from the States who got into Brunel's Masters OT program. I'm trying to meet others who got in and hopefully get your name/ number so we can chat about other things regarding the school!! I'm super excited but also scared, especially because I've seen bad reviews about Brunel....

Hey! What bad reviews have you heard about Brunel?
Original post by MaRad4

I've just seen really bad international reviews saying the program was not organized and the faculty was hard to meet with and work with. Just look up Brunel OT student reviews and you will see plenty.
Original post by maddiholder01
I've just seen really bad international reviews saying the program was not organized and the faculty was hard to meet with and work with. Just look up Brunel OT student reviews and you will see plen

Original post by MaRad4

where are you from? Are you international?
Reply 17
Original post by MaRad4

Hey, I have an interview for the MSc OT at Brunel this Friday, how was the task at the end was it based on the videos or did they ask you to think of your own scenarios? Also how quick after the interview did you get your offer? And is it a group interview? Thanks in advance!! :smile:
Original post by echowado

Hey! Im trying to meet others who got into Brunel...Im going for OT, What are you going for. Also, Im international too...from US, where are you from?
Reply 19
Original post by EMAZ1
Hey, I have an interview for the MSc OT at Brunel this Friday, how was the task at the end was it based on the videos or did they ask you to think of your own scenarios? Also how quick after the interview did you get your offer? And is it a group interview? Thanks in advance!! :smile:

Hey! So the task at the end isn’t a scenario but it is based on the nhs core values which you learn about in those videos, they’re good to reference. It is a single person interview - you and the interviewer - and lasts around 20-30 minutes. My interview was on a Friday and I heard two weeks on the Monday (so including weekends, 17 days. Excluding weekends, 11 days). Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending