The Student Room Group

Uni of Glasgow IMSISS Application (MInt)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pbgzm
What if they offer you a place but not the scholarship? I think in that case I would still choose IMSISS !!

I'd probably go with UCL. It's a toss-up for me between UCL and Glasgow - without a scholarship, I'd probably choose UCL but with one, I'd likely choose Glasgow. Have you applied elsewhere?
Hello everyone,

I'm an IMSISS applicant from Nigeria. I spoke with the International Officer at UoG's West African Regional Office and she told me admission decisions for this year's IMSISS will be out on 27th February (I don't know how that true is, but I take it as an official statement).

I'm a bit worried about my application. After my IMSISS application, I made another application at UoG and I was offered a place. I didn't know I can't hold two unconditional offers, so I accepted the offer. I checked my IMSISS application status and it says "Accepted other offer". I immediately cancelled the offer I accepted but I still worried about my IMSISS application because the "Accepted other offer" label is still on the status of my IMSISS application. Will I still be offered a place on IMSISS?
Original post by jcminihan
Wow, that's cool! I'm studying physics at the moment so like you, a bit of a change in direction!

Hey, I figured it out. Login and go to view application, not the self serve. The place where it says IMSISS app posted > view > supporting docs
Original post by Ololade1
Hello everyone,

I'm an IMSISS applicant from Nigeria. I spoke with the International Officer at UoG's West African Regional Office and she told me admission decisions for this year's IMSISS will be out on 27th February (I don't know how that true is, but I take it as an official statement).

I'm a bit worried about my application. After my IMSISS application, I made another application at UoG and I was offered a place. I didn't know I can't hold two unconditional offers, so I accepted the offer. I checked my IMSISS application status and it says "Accepted other offer". I immediately cancelled the offer I accepted but I still worried about my IMSISS application because the "Accepted other offer" label is still on the status of my IMSISS application. Will I still be offered a place on IMSISS?

Oh no. I have no idea. I would try to call them asap to get it sorted. Thanks for the info and best of luck.
Original post by dakota.johnston
Hey, I figured it out. Login and go to view application, not the self serve. The place where it says IMSISS app posted > view > supporting docs

I can't see it still - I uploaded 2 placeholder documents stating that my references would be emailed in (as I couldn't leave the fields blank for some reason) and that's all I can see at this point!

Anyway, I got a response from the IMSISS team this morning saying that "we received a high volume this year, but you can expect to receive a response in the coming weeks, early March" which lines up with what Ololade1 said. Not long to go!
I can't see it still - I uploaded 2 placeholder documents stating that my references would be emailed in (as I couldn't leave the fields blank for some reason) and that's all I can see at this point!

Anyway, I got a response from the IMSISS team this morning saying that "we received a high volume this year, but you can expect to receive a response in the coming weeks, early March" which lines up with what Ololade1 said. Not long to go!

That's weird... I did the same but they override and replaced my placeholder ones with the official. Huh. Maybe it was an isolated fluke.
Reply 26
I am considering applying to Leiden and UCL 😊!
Original post by pbgzm
I am considering applying to Leiden and UCL 😊!

Which UCL course are you interested in? :biggrin:
Reply 28
I think the Security Studies MSc could be a great alternative to IMSISS. Is it the one you applied to?
Original post by pbgzm
I think the Security Studies MSc could be a great alternative to IMSISS. Is it the one you applied to?

I'm more interested in the I part in IMSISS so I've applied to the Countering Organised Crime course run by the School of Security + Crime Science. The Security Studies MSc (which is run by their Political Department) also looks really interesting though! If you don't get a place at IMSISS and want to study in the UK, then your best bet is looking at the Department for War Studies at King's College London - it's arguably the most reputable department of its kind in the world and regularly produces the next top civil servants, generals and politicians! They have courses that cover all components of IMSISS - intelligence, war studies, national & international security studies.
Reply 30
Original post by Ololade1
Hello everyone,

Ololade, how are you? I'm currently making applications for postgraduate programme in Security studies/ international politics. i will be glad if you can reach out to me . i need to ask some further questions before submitting my application.
Original post by ebelo91
Ololade, how are you? I'm currently making applications for postgraduate programme in Security studies/ international politics. i will be glad if you can reach out to me . i need to ask some further questions before submitting my application.

I tried sending you a private message, but I couldn't because my TSR profile is quite new and I can't send a private message.
Original post by ebelo91

What are your questions?
Reply 33
Just received a conditional offer from IMSISS!
Original post by pbgzm

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I look forward to my good news too. What was the condition of your offer?
Original post by pbgzm

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic news!
Reply 36
Thank you both! I just need to submit the english certificate. Did you get an offer ? 😊 I hope so!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by pbgzm
Thank you both! I just need to submit the english certificate. Did you get an offer ? 😊 I hope so!

Awesome! I'm yet to hear anything...
Awesome! I'm yet to hear anything...

I'm yet to get any notification too.
Original post by pbgzm

I hope so too. Congratulations, once again!

Quick Reply

Latest