The Student Room Group

Physically and emotionally abusive families - your story

Does anyone wanna share their story? I think it will make me feel better to know there are others out there going or gone through what I did

Scroll to see replies

hugs
Original post by tinygirl96
hugs

thanks, I love hugs:hugs: :smile:
Sorry that you have to deal with that, I hope your situation improves :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Sorry that you have to deal with that, I hope your situation improves :smile:

Spoiler

Thank you.

Spoiler

Original post by Moonlight rain
Thank you.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I will share my story.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I left my family last year and I have suffered a lot of mental health issues so I am getting therapy. But they have seriously broken me from the inside.

My mum is like that too. But I was done making excuses for her behaviour, we don’t have to suffer because of what they’re going through.
Does anyone wanna share their story? I think it will make me feel better to know there are others out there going or gone through what I did

I just cant express how I feel when i see something like this
I left my family last year and I have suffered a lot of mental health issues so I am getting therapy. But they have seriously broken me from the inside.

My mum is like that too. But I was done making excuses for her behaviour, we don’t have to suffer because of what they’re going through.

I truly hope you find healing then. I believe it's possible. Don't give up hope :hugs:
I will share my story.

Spoiler

I will continue some of it but I can’t go through 19 years of abuse.

Spoiler

Original post by iamhanzla
I just cant express how I feel when i see something like this

It’s really upsetting

I truly hope you find healing then. I believe it's possible. Don't give up hope :hugs:

It’s going to take me forever to heal and I’m done harming myself that’s in the past, I just have to keep breathing. Thank you and you too:hugs: you are incredibly strong for going through what you went through and still coming out as a beautiful hearted person.
It’s going to take me forever to heal and I’m done harming myself that’s in the past, I just have to keep breathing. Thank you and you too:hugs: you are incredibly strong for going through what you went through and still coming out as a beautiful hearted person.

Thank you, all the best :smile:

If you want I can help you. Because I have been through rehabilitation
If you want I can help you. Because I have been through rehabilitation

Have you suffered abuse too? Because it’s not the same if it’s something else
My parents hate me and I wish I was dead. They say I am an embarrassment because I failed 2 year of study. Things are improving for me, luckily.

I don't blame my parents. I am their son. I should be bringing them money and helping them
Original post by japense recluse
My parents hate me and I wish I was dead. They say I am an embarrassment because I failed 2 year of study. Things are improving for me, luckily.

I don't blame my parents. I am their son. I should be bringing them money and helping them

Really. sorry to hear that and i completely empathise with you. I know exactly how this feels, my family did the same with me.

That’s your opinion and I respect it but no one has the right to treat you like this. It’s absolutely horrific them wishing death upon you. You dont deserve that. Your life is very important and failing school is something that happens a lot and it doesn’t make you worthless at all. It is your own journey and you do things at your own pace. Nothing wrong being 2 years late. Family are meant to be supporting you and loving you, not bringing you down.

I really hope it gets better for you
my father was abusive. i moved to a refuge with my mum and brothers in may but moved to more permanent accommodation in August.

:hugs:
Have you suffered abuse too? Because it’s not the same if it’s something else

Wasnt abuse more like a mental torture
Original post by Obolinda
my father was abusive. i moved to a refuge with my mum and brothers in may but moved to more permanent accommodation in August.

:hugs:

That is wonderful to hear! And I’m sorry you went through that, dolapo(sorry I think I said it wrong). I’m glad you and your family have taken a brilliantly good first step and you continue to be safe. :hugs:

Wasnt abuse more like a mental torture

Sure, any advice would be helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending