The Student Room Group

MSc Finance

Hi guys!
I have an offer from the following business schools and i would like to know which university would be the right choice.
1) University of Exeter Business School(Financial Analysis and Fund Management)
2) Aston Business School (MSc Finance)
3) Henley business school (MSc Finance)
Reply 1
Original post by ralph515
Hi guys!
I have an offer from the following business schools and i would like to know which university would be the right choice.

All seem good. Have you got any preferences on location or syllabus?
Reply 2
Original post by BusSchoo
All seem good. Have you got any preferences on location or syllabus?

No preferences on location but i would prefer the university which is CFA accredited and exeter has the option of level 1 and 2 study options. I would like to know which one would be best overall and in future job prospects.
Hi guys!

Hi @ralph515

Congratulations on your offers! I'd always recommend looking at a variety of factors when making your choice - things like the careers service offered, course content, and graduate destinations are always key, but also consider things like student experience, whether you want to live on a campus or not etc. All of the above unis will vary and have different pros and cons!

Are you still considering other schools too? If so, I'll throw Warwick Business School's hat into the ring - our MSc Finance programme is ranked 3rd in the UK by the Financial Times, and we're also a CFA affiliated university. You can find out more here.

Good luck in making your decision! :smile:
Eleanor
Hi guys!

The FAFM course is pretty rigorous I think
Reply 5
Original post by BenRyan99
The FAFM course is pretty rigorous I think

Hi Ben.
Yes the course is rigorous. But which course and university would u recommend??
Hi guys!

Hello,

Congratulations on your offers! Deciding on a university can be difficult and I hope I can help in some way. There's no one right university choice, it's more like what's the right choice for you based on what your priorities are for your ideal university. Some important factors to consider include location, proximity to a city centre/big town, distance from home, cost of living, rankings, course outline, etc. Here are a few useful links for comparing courses:

https://www.whatuni.com/
https://universitycompare.com/

The MSc Finance course at Aston University doesn't just imbue you with knowledge but develops your skills as well, you’ll develop a wide range of transferable skills which will help to further enhance your employability. The programme has a strong practical element as well. You’ll gain hands-on experience working with real-time financial, accounting and economic data, thanks to the dedicated trading room facility and industry-leading software. Your exposure to these practical tools and techniques will give you the confidence and technical capability to gain a competitive advantage over other graduates in the job market.
During the summer term, you will also have the opportunity to attend a workshop designed to help students taking the CFA® (Chartered Financial Analyst) Level I examination.
There is an opportunity to go on a work placement for as little as one month or as long as a year. This will involve spending your time with a company of your choice, either in the UK or overseas. You’ll also be given the opportunity to support start-up businesses and SMEs with business projects through the Aston Business Clinic. You'll be afforded many networking opportunities organised by the Careers team, Student Union or the Course team in the form of trips, visits, guest speakers, fairs, etc.

Hope this has helped.

*Ethel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending