The Student Room Group

Big 4 accounting

Do the big 4 do work that is to do with forecasting and creating financial plans for their clients. If so what is this called and do they run a graduate program in it.
Reply 1
Any ideas
Reply 2
Just off the top of my head I cannot think of one, that’s normally something that’s done in house.

Closest thing would be transaction services but not accounting side.

Typical career path from big4 (audit/accounting) is into industry where FP&A is an option.
Reply 3
OK thank you
Original post by ollst311
Do the big 4 do work that is to do with forecasting and creating financial plans for their clients. If so what is this called and do they run a graduate program in it.

Yes they do, business modelling groups, some parts of consulting may as well, corporate finance lead advisory might a little in the context of a transaction.
Reply 5
I was thinking they would do a bit of it in deal advisory specifically M&A.
Original post by ollst311
I was thinking they would do a bit of it in deal advisory specifically M&A.

They do. It varies by name but is generally found under deal advisory, transaction services, financial due diligence kind of names. These graduate schemes are extremely competitive (as they are often viewed as a route into IB) and are often filled by those who do the summer internships.
wtf does anyone want to work for the big 4 for or in IB, just get a job at a local accounting practice. IB is bloody prison and impossible to get into and the big 4 is stressful AF
Original post by manlikedabilz
wtf does anyone want to work for the big 4 for or in IB, just get a job at a local accounting practice. IB is bloody prison and impossible to get into and the big 4 is stressful AF

Because $$$
Reply 9
Original post by manlikedabilz

Some people enjoy working in high pressure environments? Exit opportunities? The experience? More interesting work? Better pay? The list goes on...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending