The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

city vs westminster

I have applied for both of these unis to study sociology, but I can't decide which one would be best. If you are studying in these unis please help.
Original post by Anonymous
I have applied for both of these unis to study sociology, but I can't decide which one would be best. If you are studying in these unis please help.

Hi,

I graduated in Politics BA at the University of Westminster last year where elements of the course are close in the Humanities subject area to Sociology. I had a great experience with thoughtful and helpful teaching throughout the duration of my degree.

The campuses operate in some of the most centralised locations of any other London university. For Sociology, you would be based at the Regent Street campus which has a very traditional exterior in keeping with the street but has undergone modern refurbishments inside as recent as only last year.
In addition, studying at Regent Street allows you to use the facilities of the Little Titchfield Law School campus which offers two floors of libraries, silent study areas and laptops that can be borrowed over the weekends in the event that your own suddenly decides to stop working. Therefore, even though you will be traveling into central London to study, once there, you will be closely connected to all your classrooms, lecture theaters and study areas.

The university has always had a strong humanities department but in recent years has been working harder to become more dynamic with how classes are taught. In my third year when classes became slightly smaller and more intimate, there were modules that placed importance on field trips and meeting up at interesting locations in order to operate the seminar there one notable place was at Tate Gallery and another was at the British museum. In addition, the Sociology course offers a module in the second year that gives you the opportunity to put into practice the personal and professional skills you will develop while studying. Recent work placements have included the Explore Teaching Scheme, Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Prisoner Advice and Care Trust.

Best wishes,

James
Course Enquiries Team
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending