Oreos334
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i have no clue how to answer this question.

Current estimates of the Scottish wildcat population vary. Recent reports by the Scottish Wildcat Association indicate that fewer than 100 individuals, possibly as few as 35, remain in the wild. These individuals occur only in the most remote, uninhabited areas of the Scottish Highlands.
Biodiversity can be considered at several levels. A scientist concluded that the biodiversity of the Scottish Highlands would continue to reduce because of the small population of Scottish wildcats.
Evaluate the scientist’s conclusion with reference to genetic biodiversity and species biodiversity.
CJField
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Oreos334)
i have no clue how to answer this question.

Current estimates of the Scottish wildcat population vary. Recent reports by the Scottish Wildcat Association indicate that fewer than 100 individuals, possibly as few as 35, remain in the wild. These individuals occur only in the most remote, uninhabited areas of the Scottish Highlands.
Biodiversity can be considered at several levels. A scientist concluded that the biodiversity of the Scottish Highlands would continue to reduce because of the small population of Scottish wildcats.
Evaluate the scientist’s conclusion with reference to genetic biodiversity and species biodiversity.
yes because
1. small population causes interbreeding and lead to the genetic diversity being reduced
2. Reducing the size of a population of a species to lower than the average will reduce the index of diversity

Not too sure on this but they are my initial thoughts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (158)
44.26%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (29)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (75)
21.01%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (21)
5.88%

Watched Threads