The Student Room Group

IUMC 2021 Applications (Medicine)

Hey guys. Anyone received any interview invites for Medicine yet? They were supposed to come out from the 8th of Feb.

Also is there an official thread for IUMC 2021 applicants? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I just had my interview for medicine today
Reply 2
Original post by MM1245
Hi, I just had my interview for medicine today

that's great! which university?
Reply 3
Original post by mb122345
that's great! which university?

UCC!
Reply 4
Original post by MM1245
UCC!

amazing, how'd it go?
I have mine with UCD this Saturday XD kinda surprised that 15 minutes seems to be enough for an interview though 🤔 how long was yours?
Reply 5
amazing, how'd it go?
I have mine with UCD this Saturday XD kinda surprised that 15 minutes seems to be enough for an interview though 🤔 how long was yours?

Mine was scheduled to be 15-20 minutes, but it only went on for around 12 mins. Wondering if that's a bad sign.
Reply 6
Original post by MM1245
Mine was scheduled to be 15-20 minutes, but it only went on for around 12 mins. Wondering if that's a bad sign.

I mean it's probably because you talked faster and said what you wanted to say in a shorter amount of time, a few minutes less, I wouldn't worry about it
Reply 7
Hi guys! I have applied through IUMC too! May I know when did you guys submit your applications and where are you from?
Reply 8
Original post by nish3110
Hi guys! I have applied through IUMC too! May I know when did you guys submit your applications and where are you from?

I applied as soon as they opened lol, I think it was in October? I'm from Iran :smile: you? heard back yet?
Reply 9

I only applied a few days before the application deadline, sometime in early jan 2021
I applied as soon as they opened lol, I think it was in October? I'm from Iran :smile: you? heard back yet?

Ay I see. I just applied on 6th Feb 2021. So I just wanted to get a sense of when they get back with an interview call. How long did they take to get back to you? I am from Singapore btw! Nice to meet you :smile:)))
Original post by MM1245
I only applied a few days before the application deadline, sometime in early jan 2021

Ooh that's nice! Congrats🥳
Reply 12
Ay I see. I just applied on 6th Feb 2021. So I just wanted to get a sense of when they get back with an interview call. How long did they take to get back to you? I am from Singapore btw! Nice to meet you :smile:)))

nice to meet u as well!
it seems you applied after their deadline. everyone I spoke to and myself included heard back last week, but their interviews are going on til the end of next week. im not so sure if they guarantee a response for you specifically? you might have to check with them!
(edited 3 years ago)
nice to meet u as well!
it seems you applied after their deadline. everyone I spoke to and myself included heard back last week, but their interviews are going on til the end of next week. im not so sure if they guarantee a response for you specifically? you might have to check with them!

Ohhh wait what? Because on the IUMC Singapore website the deadline is March of every year which is understandable since we only get our A level results in mid feb. Do all the IUMC follow the same deadline?
Reply 14
Ohhh wait what? Because on the IUMC Singapore website the deadline is March of every year which is understandable since we only get our A level results in mid feb. Do all the IUMC follow the same deadline?

oh, I wasn't aware of that, I thought most of asia applied through the Malaysian office. in that case you're fine, but then I don't know what the process is for you so you might have to check with them either way. sorry if i gave you a fright!!
(edited 3 years ago)
ay is no worries! I will just have to patiently play the waiting game HAHAHHA all the best for your interview though! you applied to all four unis right?
Reply 16
ay is no worries! I will just have to patiently play the waiting game HAHAHHA all the best for your interview though! you applied to all four unis right?

yep, luckily got an invite from ucd which was my top choice, interview's on Saturday 🤡 yea we gotta play the waiting game especially with covid and everything delaying the process 😔✊
(edited 3 years ago)
yep, luckily got an invite from ucd which was my top choice, interview's on Saturday 🤡 yea we gotta play the waiting game especially with covid and everything delaying the process 😔✊

oh that's amazing! Yes, covid has made life a lot more difficult!! Are you just looking to applying to Ireland or elsewhere too?
Reply 18
oh that's amazing! Yes, covid has made life a lot more difficult!! Are you just looking to applying to Ireland or elsewhere too?

I've applied to the UK as well but Ireland's my first choice :smile:)
I've applied to the UK as well but Ireland's my first choice :smile:)

Yoo do you know any thread which gives information about how Ireland Unis conduct Medicine interviews? I have been combing through the forums and haven't found any solid information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending