The Student Room Group

Msc dietetics 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sm10012
Hi there, I also applied for Chester but I feel like it is very competitive. I haven't heard back either yet but will let you know if I hear anything. Good luck with it!! 😊

Ah brill, thanks so much! I will keep people posted. I was surprised there hadn’t been more posted on here to be honest, all been very quiet.
Was going to apply to BCU too but unfortunately it would just be too far for me to travel if my placement was south of the midlands, so keeping everything crossed for Chester! Good luck to you too 😊
Original post by beckrup
Hey! Yes, I applied for Leeds Beckett and have an interview tomorrow afternoon! Does anyone have any tips on the sort of questions they will ask?

Hey! How did the interview go? I've got mine on Friday!!
Original post by Blenheim257
Hey! How did the interview go? I've got mine on Friday!!

Hey! Same here!! They said there is going to be a service user too, I was wondering what that was like?
Reply 23
I'm just going to go through the dietitian job role and look at how my experiences apply to it I think. What are you doing to prepare for it? Where did you study your undergrad?

Yes I am doing the same, not sure what to expect to be honest 🙈 good luck with it anyway and let me know how it goes!! 😊 I studied food nutrition for my undergrad, what did you do?
Oo ok! Good luck with uni and your dissertation! I will let you know when I hear anything back from the two unis

Hi have you heard anything from Kings yet?
Original post by Rowmarsh
Hi have you heard anything from Kings yet?

Noooo I haven't! Kind of convinced myself that they are interviewing "better" people first, and will only offer me an interview if they don't like that group haha

You?
Noooo I haven't! Kind of convinced myself that they are interviewing "better" people first, and will only offer me an interview if they don't like that group haha

You?

No nothing, I kind of thought the same because no rejection either, maybe keeping some reserves...
No nothing, I kind of thought the same because no rejection either, maybe keeping some reserves...

Yeah, I was having a look at some TSR dietetics threads from last year and it seems that a lot of people heard back from King's around this time last year so idk. Also, I think that health courses this year are gonna be so hard to get into because 1. covid has made some people decide to move into heatlhcare as a career and 2. The £5000 bursary they are now offering
Yeah, I was having a look at some TSR dietetics threads from last year and it seems that a lot of people heard back from King's around this time last year so idk. Also, I think that health courses this year are gonna be so hard to get into because 1. covid has made some people decide to move into heatlhcare as a career and 2. The £5000 bursary they are now offering

Got to play the waiting game I guess, hard to remain positive tho
Got to play the waiting game I guess, hard to remain positive tho

Yes indeed. Are you only applying to the London unis for dietetics?
Yes indeed. Are you only applying to the London unis for dietetics?

Yes I have only applied to London ones as I can commute, how about you?
Yes I have only applied to London ones as I can commute, how about you?

Ok, that makes sense! I would probably have to move to London if I got a space there as my commute would be about 1hr each way and I couldn't hack that if I needed to do it 4-5 times a week. I have also applied to Leeds Beckett as well as they seem like a good uni for dietetics
Ok, that makes sense! I would probably have to move to London if I got a space there as my commute would be about 1hr each way and I couldn't hack that if I needed to do it 4-5 times a week. I have also applied to Leeds Beckett as well as they seem like a good uni for dietetics

Let’s hope we hear this week 🤞🏼

Let’s hope we hear this week 🤞🏼

Good luck to all of you I will keep by hands and toes crossed for you all! x
Reply 34
Please can you share what you were asked in the interview??
Why are kings not making contact, surely they know by now???
Reply 36
Original post by Jen Cups
Ah brill, thanks so much! I will keep people posted. I was surprised there hadn’t been more posted on here to be honest, all been very quiet.
Was going to apply to BCU too but unfortunately it would just be too far for me to travel if my placement was south of the midlands, so keeping everything crossed for Chester! Good luck to you too 😊

I got word today that I have been shortlisted for an interview for Chester 😁 but haven't got a date or time yet. Have you heard anything?
Original post by Sm10012
I got word today that I have been shortlisted for an interview for Chester 😁 but haven't got a date or time yet. Have you heard anything?

Congratulations 🎉 I’ve also been shortlisted, got provisional date of next Thurs but going to ask if I can move it to 4th March as I’ll be in work 😊
Original post by Sm10012

Well done! How long did Chester take to come back, coming up to 6 weeks for kings
Well done! How long did Chester take to come back, coming up to 6 weeks for kings

Submission deadline was 27th Nov and just heard this week, so around 11-12 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending