The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

PhD in Law Cambridge 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well, if you feel like doing one for the team and share, then go ahead:wink: Cannot really advise on whether appropriate or not.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi guys,

Any news from the law fac? Has anyone else been interviewed?
Reply 22
Original post by Heyjuheyjude
Hi guys,

Any news from the law fac? Has anyone else been interviewed?

Moved to GAO today. Good luck!
Original post by Kiarosi

Congrats!!
Reply 24
Original post by Kiarosi

Congratulations!
Reply 25
I had an interview back in January and I still am waiting in purgatory (departmental review). I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether brexit and covid have had an impact on the number of applications?
Reply 26
Original post by Royfee
I had an interview back in January and I still am waiting in purgatory (departmental review). I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether brexit and covid have had an impact on the number of applications?

Impossible to say, but my impression is that they were quicker this year than what has been reported on forums in earlier years. Then again, the forums consist of maybe only approx. 3-5 % of PhD applicants?
Reply 27
No one else at GAO or offer in this chat? It appears that the rejections have started rolling out so those not rejected yet probably have a shot.
(edited 3 years ago)
Still under review by department . but I don’t want to get my hopes up as I wasn’t interviewed.
Reply 29
Same here, under review by department, but wasn't interviewed.
Just received a rejection e-mail from Gates. I had a mini heart attack thinking it was an email indicating changes to the portal hahahah
Reply 31
Just received a rejection e-mail from Gates. I had a mini heart attack thinking it was an email indicating changes to the portal hahahah

I remember finding my own offer email in the spam filter. But the email isn't that important since you'll have an update on the portal anyway, and then you can go check your email for the applicant self-help portal.
Reply 32

Me too! Since I'm 99% sure I will be rejected (my application was horrible!), I believe this is a sign I'll receive the rejection soon.
Reply 33
Original post by toraki
Me too! Since I'm 99% sure I will be rejected (my application was horrible!), I believe this is a sign I'll receive the rejection soon.

It's not really a sign of anything. The Gates only shortlists like 100 people or so (from what I gather on the Cambridge Postgrad thread, anyway) and they did that a while ago. They don't even have someone from the law fac (whether PhD, LLM, MCL, MPhil, MLitt) as a scholar every year.
Reply 34
Original post by Kiarosi
It's not really a sign of anything. The Gates only shortlists like 100 people or so (from what I gather on the Cambridge Postgrad thread, anyway) and they did that a while ago. They don't even have someone from the law fac (whether PhD, LLM, MCL, MPhil, MLitt) as a scholar every year.

Yes, I knew that! However, I think that since GATES select people based on those who have been already pre-selected by the Department, that might mean I have not been shortlisted.
Reply 35
Original post by toraki
Yes, I knew that! However, I think that since GATES select people based on those who have been already pre-selected by the Department, that might mean I have not been shortlisted.

Perhaps. Wasn't shortlisted for Gates either, so I wouldn't think too much about it. I believe they say no news is good news?
Reply 36
Original post by Kiarosi
Perhaps. Wasn't shortlisted for Gates either, so I wouldn't think too much about it. I believe they say no news is good news?

They do, indeed! We'll see. :smile:
Reply 37
Good morning everyone,

Just to let you know I sent them an email asking about the timing of the decision. They replied saying many applications are still being reviewed by the department, but they aim to get back to us within the next couple of weeks with a result on the outcome.
Original post by toraki
Good morning everyone,

Just to let you know I sent them an email asking about the timing of the decision. They replied saying many applications are still being reviewed by the department, but they aim to get back to us within the next couple of weeks with a result on the outcome.

Thank you for sharing this information with us! I think no news is good news then ☺️Good luck!
Reply 39
Hey there!
Just wanted to share that I received my rejection (on the portal, no email yet).

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending