The Student Room Group

Entry requirement for MSc Pre-registration to Radiography

Hi everyone.

So I recently graduated from Bradford Uni with a 2:2, however I wanna I apply for an MSc pre- registration to Radiography at the university of Derby but their entry requirement is 2:1, just wondering if anyone has been accepted who’s been in a similar situation?
Reply 1
What was your degree in? I am under the impression that they look at each application a bit more individually for the MSc. For example, one of the requirements is that your degree is within 5 years, but they may waive it depending on individual circumstances (mine was in nursing 6 years ago). I think they also really value care experience (pretty much a given in all health courses though!).

I think your best bet is to email the contact email address on the course page, I got some helpful answers from them!
Reply 2
Original post by Palbert
What was your degree in? I am under the impression that they look at each application a bit more individually for the MSc. For example, one of the requirements is that your degree is within 5 years, but they may waive it depending on individual circumstances (mine was in nursing 6 years ago). I think they also really value care experience (pretty much a given in all health courses though!).

I think your best bet is to email the contact email address on the course page, I got some helpful answers from them!I

my degree was in Clinical technology and I graduated last year and thank you for the advice, I ended up applying and they offered me an interview, I just hope that I pass it.
Reply 3
Brill, good luck!
Original post by Kimz15
my degree was in Clinical technology and I graduated last year and thank you for the advice, I ended up applying and they offered me an interview, I just hope that I pass it.

Hi! I have also recently applied for the MSc in Diagnostic Radiography (pre-reg) course. I sent in my application last Thursday 14th Jan. May I ask how long you waited to get a response from them? ☺️

Best of luck for your interview!

Celine
Reply 5
Original post by Justine Celine
Hi! I have also recently applied for the MSc in Diagnostic Radiography (pre-reg) course. I sent in my application last Thursday 14th Jan. May I ask how long you waited to get a response from them? ☺️

Best of luck for your interview!

Celine

Hi sorry for replying soo late, I waited like 2-3 weeks, it doesn’t take long for them to respond. And did u apply at Derby too??
Original post by Kimz15
Hi sorry for replying soo late, I waited like 2-3 weeks, it doesn’t take long for them to respond. And did u apply at Derby too??

No worries! Yes!! I had my interview for this course at Derby on Tuesday 9th and got an offer this Monday which I’ve accepted : D have you heard back from your interview?

Celine :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Justine Celine
No worries! Yes!! I had my interview for this course at Derby on Tuesday 9th and got an offer this Monday which I’ve accepted : D have you heard back from your interview?

Celine :smile:

Omd congrats, I did but I got put on a waitinglist I’m guessing it’s coz I don’t meet their entry requirement.
Original post by Kimz15
Omd congrats, I did but I got put on a waitinglist I’m guessing it’s coz I don’t meet their entry requirement.

Thank you! Wishing you the best of luck and I hope you get an offer! Did you apply for this course at any other universities? I know Teesside and QMU also offer it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest