The Student Room Group

Auditing

In accountancy is auditing must or not
I can't speak for ACA, but in ACCA it's a mandatory skills module, but then you would never need to study it again. It doesn't appear in CIMA or AAT.

If you want to go into auditing, you will need the accounting degree + an auditing qualification + further experience in auditing.

To me, auditing is more about checking accounts with a lot of legal repercussions. I avoid it myself where possible.

If you're asking whether auditing is necessary as part of the work, it depends on whether you're part of a plc. You can sometimes get audits in smaller companies or Ltds, but plcs are usually the main concern. Auditing is not mandatory for smaller companies or Ltds to my knowledge.
Reply 2
I don't quite understand your main question, but regarding what mindmax said you don't need an accounting degree to go into audit/ accounting or any specific degree for that matter.
Original post by thrwawy
I don't quite understand your main question, but regarding what mindmax said you don't need an accounting degree to go into audit/ accounting or any specific degree for that matter.

thrway is correct. I mispoke regarding the qualification. It's actually:
If you want to go into auditing, you will need the accounting qualification + an auditing qualification + further experience in auditing.

The accounting qualificatin is usually ACA or ACCA. I'm not sure about qualifications from other accounting bodies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending