The Student Room Group

Am I more likely to get accepted at a good uni if i do their foundation year?

By "good uni" i usually mean Oxbridge & Russel Group universities by the way.

I don't mind taking a foundation year btw. To be honest, I don't think I'm unqualified for those universities, but entry requirements for my country are EXTREMELY high and I wouldn't want to gamble with my future by applying to good unis.

Oh and just so you know, students in my country can't retake their exams if they're unhappy with the results (they can only retake them if they've failed).
Reply 1
If I remember correctly foundation years are for people with specific grades—-
Do you mean an International Foundation course - just for overseas students?
Original post by oopwoop
By "good uni" i usually mean Oxbridge & Russel Group universities by the way.

I don't mind taking a foundation year btw. To be honest, I don't think I'm unqualified for those universities, but entry requirements for my country are EXTREMELY high and I wouldn't want to gamble with my future by applying to good unis.

Oh and just so you know, students in my country can't retake their exams if they're unhappy with the results (they can only retake them if they've failed).

Hi @oopwoop, it might be a good idea to contact the universities you are interested in directly to discuss their entry requirements as well as the qualifications you have to see which course may be best for you :smile: ^Kate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending