The Student Room Group

Should Johnson & Hancock face criminal charges for mishandling the pandemic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imane888
Where did I mention Brexit in my posts? This has nothing to do with Brexit.

It appears that during all of this, there seems to be an awful lot of sour grapes with the people that wanted to stay in the EU going on the attack against Johnson because of brexit.

You’ll notice that media channels that were pro remain have ramped up the rhetoric over Covid.
Original post by MatureStudent37
It appears that during all of this, there seems to be an awful lot of sour grapes with the people that wanted to stay in the EU going on the attack against Johnson because of brexit.

You’ll notice that media channels that were pro remain have ramped up the rhetoric over Covid.

Nope I am attacking Boris due to his mishandling of the pandemic (Brexit or no Brexit would be criticising him anyway). This has nothing to do with Brexit despite me being a remainer.
Nope I am attacking Boris due to his mishandling of the pandemic (Brexit or no Brexit would be criticising him anyway). This has nothing to do with Brexit despite me being a remainer.

You may want to check current opinion pollling.

https://order-order.com/2021/02/18/starmer-now-third-in-two-horse-best-pm-race/

It doesn't matter this thread has nothing to do with other parties or Brexit this thread is about the UK government's mishandling of the pandemic. Who said that I preferred Starmer? He dodges questions too.
It doesn't matter this thread has nothing to do with other parties or Brexit this thread is about the UK government's mishandling of the pandemic. Who said that I preferred Starmer? He dodges questions too.

What’s made you unhappy?
What’s made you unhappy?

I've already stated this: The mishandling of the pandemic, Brexit, incompetence etc.
I've already stated this: The mishandling of the pandemic, Brexit, incompetence etc.

What’s been done wrong in your opinion?
What’s been done wrong in your opinion?

Seriously? locked down too late, failed track and trace, lies in the Brexit campaign, Double exams fiasco etc.
Seriously? locked down too late, failed track and trace, lies in the Brexit campaign, Double exams fiasco etc.

What lies have we had over brexit?
What lies have we had over brexit?

Where's that extra 350M a week that we were promised for the NHS? Also I don't want to make this thread about Brexit this is a COVID-19 thread.
Where's that extra 350M a week that we were promised for the NHS? Also I don't want to make this thread about Brexit this is a COVID-19 thread.

You mean this this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49345223

Calling a lockdown is difficult. It’s a pandemic, had he locked down Walter we’d still be in this position IMHO.
You mean this this one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49345223

Calling a lockdown is difficult. It’s a pandemic, had he locked down Walter we’d still be in this position IMHO.

Again where is that £350M a week. Also you really can't handle Tory criticism. This thread is not about Brexit or how much people trust the Tories.
Again where is that £350M a week. Also you really can't handle Tory criticism. This thread is not about Brexit or how much people trust the Tories.

Irrespective of who was in power at the time, the U.K. handled thing’s badly at the start. But then again, everybody did . Nobody knows what was happening.

What’s happened since though has been amazing. As a country, I think we’ve done not too bad though when we look at where we were.
Reply 53
Johnson, definitely.. if for no other reason than he wanted to take responsibility for the litany of failures. You don't get to be PM and not take the wrap for all the cockups under his watch. Only 2 other PM's spring to mind for having caused such a massive loss of British lives and at least they had the excuse that there was an actual enemy lobbing shells at us.
Hancock has done relatively well given his remit and limited abilities (better than many of his colleagues at any rate).

Either way, as much as i dislike the death penalty, no one deserves it more then Johnson for what he deliberately inflicted upon the country. Making a policy to kill thousands of the elderly being just the most obvious and reprehensible. The silent deaths of untold suicides making the list of crimes he should have levelled against him as well.
Reply 54
Irrespective of who was in power at the time, the U.K. handled thing’s badly at the start. But then again, everybody did . Nobody knows what was happening.

What’s happened since though has been amazing. As a country, I think we’ve done not too bad though when we look at where we were.

Bit of a low bar to go from, no?
Original post by Napp
Bit of a low bar to go from, no?

I don’t doubt mistakes have been made. 20:20 hindsight is a wonderful thing. However, when dealing with a pandemic that nobody was expecting or had had to deal with before, the adjustment that has been made has been phenomenal.

I liken it to WW2. We started prepping for that in 33/34. We had enough people around who had gone through it before. The preparations were still found wanting.

The speed at witch things have happened have been impressive. 12 months ago we were in a weak position. Now we’re doing not too bad.

"Amazing" wow you really need to get out of that Tory bubble. We've screwed up pretty much everything other than the vaccination program which has been "amazing".
"Amazing" wow you really need to get out of that Tory bubble. We've screwed up pretty much everything other than the vaccination program which has been "amazing".

Read the foreign press. Pretty much everybody screwed it up.
Original post by Napp
Johnson, definitely.. if for no other reason than he wanted to take responsibility for the litany of failures. You don't get to be PM and not take the wrap for all the cockups under his watch. Only 2 other PM's spring to mind for having caused such a massive loss of British lives and at least they had the excuse that there was an actual enemy lobbing shells at us.
Hancock has done relatively well given his remit and limited abilities (better than many of his colleagues at any rate).

Either way, as much as i dislike the death penalty, no one deserves it more then Johnson for what he deliberately inflicted upon the country. Making a policy to kill thousands of the elderly being just the most obvious and reprehensible. The silent deaths of untold suicides making the list of crimes he should have levelled against him as well.

Nah I wouldn't have the death penalty for Boris but he does need to be held accountable.
Read the foreign press. Pretty much everybody screwed it up.

This is about the UK. I am not denying that France, Spain and Italy F'd up too but that still doesn't make the UK ok. The UK have screwed up. U-turn after U-turn, poor "lockdowns", FSM disaster, putting in legislative laws lastminute.com and making some of them contradictory and daft (Rule of 6, 10pm curfew etc), poor track and trace system, the government being weak etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending