The Student Room Group

Plymouth A100 / A102 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know what the deadline is for booking accom? idk if im firming Plymouth yet so don't want to book anything too early
Reply 81
Original post by students118
does anyone know what the deadline is for booking accom? idk if im firming Plymouth yet so don't want to book anything too early

same
Original post by repap
same

just checked. for halls its around June time so we've got ages
Hiiii I just got an offer for A100 I'm a home student! I am planning on firming Plymouth but I have to wait until I get my Liverpool interview result! I'd love to chat with anyone else who is planning to firm Plymouth! xx
Original post by Ellisabethrrose
Hiiii I just got an offer for A100 I'm a home student! I am planning on firming Plymouth but I have to wait until I get my Liverpool interview result! I'd love to chat with anyone else who is planning to firm Plymouth! xx

Congratulations.

Well you can chat with them in this thread :lol:

Remember that for your protection, no group chats are allowed!

Post originally created by ecolier.

i’m planning to firm plymouth too!! i’m still waiting to hear back from keele tho xx
Reply 86
Hey guys, does anyone know when we have to book accommodation?
Original post by 28V_07
Hey guys, does anyone know when we have to book accommodation?

i think it’s open until the end of june
Original post by m.j.5413
i’m planning to firm plymouth too!! i’m still waiting to hear back from keele tho xx

What accommodation are you planning on choosing xx
What accommodation are you planning on choosing xx

i spoke to someone whose a first year at plymouth and they said astor house is amazing and a lot of med students go there xx
Reply 90
Original post by m.j.5413
i spoke to someone whose a first year at plymouth and they said astor house is amazing and a lot of med students go there xx

Heya I’m a deferred applicant from last year so already have my grades and offer and I’ve booked Astor house 😊
Reply 91
So why is Astor very popular among medics?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Medic12347392
Yeah sure

Astor House looks good, but is about 15 mins from campus and likely will have students from other institutions in Plymouth. Keen to understand which accommodation would be shared by other medics or at least other courses with longer days. Not sure being in a noisy 'party house' will work whilst doing medicine!
Original post by aspmedic
Astor House looks good, but is about 15 mins from campus and likely will have students from other institutions in Plymouth. Keen to understand which accommodation would be shared by other medics or at least other courses with longer days. Not sure being in a noisy 'party house' will work whilst doing medicine!

There isn't really any accommodation near the campus at Derriford, and also, if you don't want to be in a 'party house', you don't really want to be in halls of residence on the Plymouth campus. I'd say that private accommodation really is your best bet.
Original post by aspmedic

I'm also looking at Astor House and it looks great! Definitely won't be applying to the halls through the uni as they are much more expensive - like a grand extra over the year! I'm also looking into other private accommodation like The Old Dairy, but like you I want to be around others with longer courses or other medics. Astor house seems to be quite popular with medics, does anyone know why?

I'm also planning to firm Plymouth (home student too)! Just need to wait for Cardiff and Exeter to get back to me first before I properly decide though! I just think being able to study medicine right next to the sea sounds amazing!!
Reply 96
just looking at booking astor, has anyone booked it yet? and which flat have you booked into?
Reply 97
Original post by njayne
just looking at booking astor, has anyone booked it yet? and which flat have you booked into?

I’ve booked Astor house in block C 😊.
Reply 98
Original post by holly055
I’ve booked Astor house in block C 😊.

same! i’m on floor 7?
Reply 99
Do medics need a 41 or 51 week contract?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending