The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach 2021 Starters

Hey guys I just thought I’d make this post for everyone who’s starting the Work Coach role. My start date is March 1st and I’ve been told there’ll be 7 weeks of training :smile: It would be interesting to discuss each other’s experiences regarding training, dress code etc
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sienna3
Hey guys I just thought I’d make this post for everyone who’s starting the Work Coach role. My start date is March 1st and I’ve been told there’ll be 7 weeks of training :smile: It would be interesting to discuss each other’s experiences regarding training, dress code etc

I start 1st March too, I've been told I'm in office for 3 or 4 days then training from home. Not been given any other information though.
Reply 2
Original post by Atheria
I start 1st March too, I've been told I'm in office for 3 or 4 days then training from home. Not been given any other information though.

I’ve been told the exact same! 4 days of induction in the office then training from home.
Reply 3
Hi guys, how long did your pre employments checks take to complete if you don’t mind me asking :smile:
I start on the 22nd and have been told 8 weeks of training :smile:
What locations are you all?
Original post by kkh_h01
Hi guys, how long did your pre employments checks take to complete if you don’t mind me asking :smile:

Mine took 15 days :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by kkh_h01

I submitted my PEC’s on 29/01/21 and they came back successfully completed yesterday!
Reply 7
Original post by LeahGalaxy
I start on the 22nd and have been told 8 weeks of training :smile:
What locations are you all?

Wow that’s good! I’m South East group - Bucks
Hi all :smile: I start on Monday in the Hampshire area.

I've been told one week in the office doing an induction - potentially only 3 to 4 days before going home. 6 weeks online training 9:30 to 4:30pm at home. 2 weeks training back in the office and then a choice of work from home, office-based or a mixture from then (dependent on Covid).

I'm in a virtual hub so no face-to-face interaction with claimants. Is that the same for everyone else?

Good luck to everyone. I'm excited to get started now.
Original post by thursday2020
Hi all :smile: I start on Monday in the Hampshire area.

I've been told one week in the office doing an induction - potentially only 3 to 4 days before going home. 6 weeks online training 9:30 to 4:30pm at home. 2 weeks training back in the office and then a choice of work from home, office-based or a mixture from then (dependent on Covid).

I'm in a virtual hub so no face-to-face interaction with claimants. Is that the same for everyone else?

Good luck to everyone. I'm excited to get started now.

I start on Monday , roughly 4 hours in office then 9.30 until 4 starting Tuesday working from home for 6 weeks.
Hi, I start on the 1st March in Buckinghamshire area. When received the phone call from my manager in the week about starting was advised the first day I start at 10am it will be an induction, then I will get equipment take it home to test and then will go from there but I was advised that it’s 6 weeks training after 6 weeks, I will do one Saturday a month but get a day off in the week
Reply 11
Original post by Trish111122
I start on Monday , roughly 4 hours in office then 9.30 until 4 starting Tuesday working from home for 6 weeks.

Hey how’s it going so far? Can I ask more specifically what the training involves, and if it’s over video call? Also is it Monday-Friday every week for 6 weeks?
I start Monday in Gloucestershire and have been told today all the training will be office based :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by LeahGalaxy
I start Monday in Gloucestershire and have been told today all the training will be office based :smile:

Good luck! What hours are you doing for training?
Hi all, how long after the phonecall did it take to recieve written formal offer/contract?

I am due to start on the 29th but no written communication to confirm.
Reply 15
Original post by Mcglennon
Hi all, how long after the phonecall did it take to recieve written formal offer/contract?

I am due to start on the 29th but no written communication to confirm.

Received my formal co react a week after I got the call! I would say call them back if you can
Original post by sienna3
Received my formal co react a week after I got the call! I would say call them back if you can

Oh I see, the number just rings through. I'm reluctant to hand in my notice until I have it in writing.

What location are you?
Reply 17
Original post by Mcglennon
Oh I see, the number just rings through. I'm reluctant to hand in my notice until I have it in writing.

What location are you?

South East - Bucks
May I know if anyone starting/started as a work coach in Stevenage, please?
Reply 19
Hi is anyone starting on March 8th in Telford area?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending