The Student Room Group

Will doctor tell my parents what im doing??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Steroids in addition to muscle problems can cause cardiovascular disorders. Don´t take steroids, go to the gym.
Did you undestand???
Original post by Hallouminatus
Sounds like your underlying issue may be muscle dysmorphia, a type of body dysmorphic disorder. You should get help. Your GP can refer you to appropriate services, or try here: https://bddfoundation.org/

That term is stupid in my opinion. Yes people do it to get bigger. It's being vain. No need to attach a medical term to it in my opinion.
This thread is such a disaster...

OP, your GP will not go to your parents. You are clearly competent to make your own decisions here. Here are the laws you need to read about https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/child-protection-system/gillick-competence-fraser-guidelines

However, I'm not sure the extent to which they will help you. A one off test to keep you safe - maybe? But anything more and it will come across as 'can you support me with my doping regime please'. I don't have any experience of this but I don't imagine it will come across well.

Steroids are risky, not least because you don't really know what you're buying, but there is a whole science behind them now as I understand it? Its not just 'more testosterone bro'? Make sure you're well researched and manage risks and don't get addicted. Are needles involved? Stay safe there too.
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly, not illicit, as previously explained. Secondly, not unknown at all. It's testosterone and I purchase kits that change colour if any other substances are detected, to make sure it's safe. I don't associated with dealers, it's all done online.

Hiding from parents, I already explained but its clear your reading/analytical skills aren't the best. Any good parents wouldn't allow this, that doesn't make it the right decision. Also, its a private matter, of course im anon. Its not something to go spouting about, that doesn't mean it's wrong or irresponsible. The same concept applies to someones sex life, but you wouldn't use that as proof that it's wrong.

Now tell me, since I've just debunked every point you made, can you just admit you are wrong? Or is this personal, and you have some personal vendetta against me? lol.

You're being very contentious, I wonder if increased aggression is a symptom of steroid abuse :holmes:
Firstly, not illicit, as previously explained. Secondly, not unknown at all. It's testosterone and I purchase kits that change colour if any other substances are detected, to make sure it's safe. I don't associated with dealers, it's all done online.

Hiding from parents, I already explained but its clear your reading/analytical skills aren't the best. Any good parents wouldn't allow this, that doesn't make it the right decision. Also, its a private matter, of course im anon. Its not something to go spouting about, that doesn't mean it's wrong or irresponsible. The same concept applies to someones sex life, but you wouldn't use that as proof that it's wrong.

Now tell me, since I've just debunked every point you made, can you just admit you are wrong? Or is this personal, and you have some personal vendetta against me? lol.

'Debunked' :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

This from a kid who says steroid abuse is no more dangerous than drinking or smoking, 2 of those most debilitating addictions possible, and thinks knowing how to use a regent test implies knowledge about substance interactions. :redface:

('Good parents wouldn't allow this' :tongue: )
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Theloniouss
You're being very contentious, I wonder if increased aggression is a symptom of steroid abuse :holmes:

I wonder if being out of shape is a symptom of having 7k posts on TSR.
Anonymous #1 -Total Posts 1,190,581 :rolleyes:
Original post by StriderHort
'Debunked' :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

This from a kid who says steroid abuse is no more dangerous than drinking or smoking, 2 of those most debilitating addictions possible, and thinks knowing how to use a regent test implies knowledge about substance interactions. :redface:

('Good parents wouldn't allow this' :tongue: )

You seem to have a personal problem with me, yet I don't see why. You keep attacking me on the thread, when I offer ay response you ignore it and just claim in irresponsible. Are you just having a bad day or something?

You said I don't know what I'm getting, so I proved I did through testing it. Now that's not enough and you claim I have no knowledge. Did someone on roids steal your girlfriend or something, why are you mad lol.
I wonder if being out of shape is a symptom of having 7k posts on TSR.

I think it happened the other way around, actually
Original post by nexttime
This thread is such a disaster...

OP, your GP will not go to your parents. You are clearly competent to make your own decisions here. Here are the laws you need to read about https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/child-protection-system/gillick-competence-fraser-guidelines

However, I'm not sure the extent to which they will help you. A one off test to keep you safe - maybe? But anything more and it will come across as 'can you support me with my doping regime please'. I don't have any experience of this but I don't imagine it will come across well.

Steroids are risky, not least because you don't really know what you're buying, but there is a whole science behind them now as I understand it? Its not just 'more testosterone bro'? Make sure you're well researched and manage risks and don't get addicted. Are needles involved? Stay safe there too.

Yes you are right. And I'm aware they are risky, I believe responsible use is simply not taking that approach of "just take more" and taking all the precautions possible to minimise that risk. That is not to say doing so means there is no risks at all.
You seem to have a personal problem with me, yet I don't see why. You keep attacking me on the thread, when I offer ay response you ignore it and just claim in irresponsible. Are you just having a bad day or something?

You said I don't know what I'm getting, so I proved I did through testing it. Now that's not enough and you claim I have no knowledge. Did someone on roids steal your girlfriend or something, why are you mad lol.

You're overdoing the deflection rhetoric btw, it comes across more as desperate scattergun rather than any precise barb. It's easy you to assume you have mascara running down your cheeks. (I'll toss a freebie, i'm pretty secure physically, but scared of dying, going bald and public speaking)

I haven't attacked you, merely your ignorance and arrogance which you have openly displayed. I'm a bit mumpy due to rain and i'd like to go for a drive but otherwise i'm fine.

Do you not find it a bit odd that people study biology, chemistry, medicine, pharmacology ect for years to be considered credible while you've read a website and just kinda decided? :tongue:
You're overdoing the deflection rhetoric btw, it comes across more as desperate scattergun rather than any precise barb. It's easy you to assume you have mascara running down your cheeks. (I'll toss a freebie, i'm pretty secure physically, but scared of dying, going bald and public speaking)

I haven't attacked you, merely your ignorance and arrogance which you have openly displayed. I'm a bit mumpy due to rain and i'd like to go for a drive but otherwise i'm fine.

Do you not find it a bit odd that people study biology, chemistry, medicine, pharmacology ect for years to be considered credible while you've read a website and just kinda decided? :tongue:

I don't know what a deflection rhetoric is. In what way am I ignorant or arrogant? And what relevance does someone studying biology or medicine have to do with me

I don't claim to be a qualified doctor capable of advising others, so the comparison seems irrelevant. I have done my own research to use them as responsible as I can, that is to say, I am minimising the risks, not entirely eliminating them, as that would be impossible. The reason I referred to drinking and smoking as examples was that they are socially accepted, and I doubt you would label someone as ignorant and stupid for having a drink on occasion.

Instead of being aggressive and personally attacking me, how about rationalising your viewpoints and trying to educate me, if I am so ill-informed as you claim. a 400mg of test a week isn't going to kill me, specifically when I'm consulting with my doctor to get bloodwork (which ive decided im going to). It seems your priority is forcing an argument with a teenager who isn't trying to argue, rather than answering or contributing to the thread. Whatever fuels your ego, but not on this thread please.
I don't know what a deflection rhetoric is. In what way am I ignorant or arrogant? And what relevance does someone studying biology or medicine have to do with me

I don't claim to be a qualified doctor capable of advising others, so the comparison seems irrelevant. I have done my own research to use them as responsible as I can, that is to say, I am minimising the risks, not entirely eliminating them, as that would be impossible. The reason I referred to drinking and smoking as examples was that they are socially accepted, and I doubt you would label someone as ignorant and stupid for having a drink on occasion.

Instead of being aggressive and personally attacking me, how about rationalising your viewpoints and trying to educate me, if I am so ill-informed as you claim. a 400mg of test a week isn't going to kill me, specifically when I'm consulting with my doctor to get bloodwork (which ive decided im going to). It seems your priority is forcing an argument with a teenager who isn't trying to argue, rather than answering or contributing to the thread. Whatever fuels your ego, but not on this thread please.

It means the way you respond to any criticism with an aggressive yet blind assumption about the critic. It works better for people like Trump when they have an army of sycophants about them to distort counter statements and cheer along. (PS, if you have already tried this, then trying to backtrack to a moral highground does not work, you're already dirty

You're self medicating with dodgy online drugs.... and you don't see what studying biology or medicine could have to do with it. You don't see an obvious problem with that? That people spend years and years in education to determine with confidence what the human body and drugs do and how they interact? You must really really trust that steroid website.

Or to put it another way, your opinion would hold more weight if you had experience and qualifications in these complicated things.
(edited 3 years ago)
It means the way you respond to any criticism with an aggressive yet blind assumption about the critic. It works better for people like Trump when they have an army of sycophants about them to distort counter statements and cheer along. (PS, if you have already tried this, then trying to backtrack to a moral highground does not work, you're already dirty

You're self medicating with dodgy online drugs.... and you don't see what studying biology or medicine could have to do with it. You don't see an obvious problem with that? That people spend years and years in education to determine with confidence what the human body and drugs do and how they interact? You must really really trust that steroid website.

Oh I thought you was somehow saying I think I know more than those who studied biology or medicine. Not that these people manufacturing it dont. I do not trust them, hence I use tests to try check the compounds, but obviously I still dont entirely trust them. However its the safest I can do it.

You have moved from your initial question of if a doctor will tell your parents, the answer previously being no. To showing that you are putting yourself in a lot of danger if this situation is actually real. If a drug is illegal, there is usually very good reason and being under 18 means you could hugely harm yourself. You are putting yourself in a lot of danger and just because you have done some research, doesn't mean that you have a balanced view. Going to the GP to get a blood test will only work once and you'll probably receive a strong word about quitting and they may well have to tell your parents if you are using illegal drugs. You seem obsessed with having lots of muscles but at such a young age, you won't have even finished newbie gains to plateau and potentially need the boost. Focus on excercising and eating healthily, not using illegal drugs which could do you a lot more harm than you realise.

Or to put it another way, your opinion would hold more weight if you had experience and qualifications in these complicated things.

Seeing your edit it appears I understood correctly the first time. But it appears my viewpoint and that of a doctor is the same, if im not mistaken. Taking them has risks. Taking certain precautions can minimise said risks. This is my only view, so I dont see where what im saying is incorrect.
Oh I thought you was somehow saying I think I know more than those who studied biology or medicine. Not that these people manufacturing it dont. I do not trust them, hence I use tests to try check the compounds, but obviously I still dont entirely trust them. However its the safest I can do it.

The thing about the people manufacturing it is they prob don't have you're best interests first and will to an extent tell you what you want to hear. The logical worry is if they are willing to skirt the law to sell grey area drugs, what other laws are they bending that might affect you?

We're going back years ago but I bought a supplement (not steroids, a thermal burner) and v quickly had a frightening reaction, (you ever seen a frog/toad when they puff their neck out? I looked like that, but with pus) When I contacted the supposed maker (York Fitness) they disavowed all knowledge of the product and it started to look more like a fake (Sold by Argos). God knows what it was I was actually sold and that's prob the kind of people you're dealing with.
Seeing your edit it appears I understood correctly the first time. But it appears my viewpoint and that of a doctor is the same, if im not mistaken. Taking them has risks. Taking certain precautions can minimise said risks. This is my only view, so I dont see where what im saying is incorrect.

Are you seriously trying to state you know what a doctor thinks?
1. The treatment is not in your best interest as it has no medical purpose so you should stop
2. They are an illegal drug therefore you should try to stop taking them
3. You think your research is equal to a degree in medicine and years of experience (like an antivaxer) and therefore you may not be fully informed of the risks and benefits (of which there aren't any that I can see)
4. You seemed to ignore the advice of an actual doctor
5. The cost benefit analysis only works for drugs that have a clear purpose for the patient
The thing about the people manufacturing it is they prob don't have you're best interests first and will to an extent tell you what you want to hear. The logical worry is if they are willing to skirt the law to sell grey area drugs, what other laws are they bending that might affect you?

We're going back years ago but I bought a supplement (not steroids, a thermal burner) and v quickly had a frightening reaction, (you ever seen a frog/toad when they puff their neck out? I looked like that, but with pus) When I contacted the supposed maker (York Fitness) they disavowed all knowledge of the product and it started to look more like a fake (Sold by Argos). God knows what it was I was actually sold and that's prob the kind of people you're dealing with.

Yeah that is worrying And my biggest fear relating to this, even before you brought it up. from the people I spoke to nobody even questions it, which is weird.
Original post by VeritySleeps
Are you seriously trying to state you know what a doctor thinks?
1. The treatment is not in your best interest as it has no medical purpose so you should stop
2. They are an illegal drug therefore you should try to stop taking them
3. You think your research is equal to a degree in medicine and years of experience (like an antivaxer) and therefore you may not be fully informed of the risks and benefits (of which there aren't any that I can see)
4. You seemed to ignore the advice of an actual doctor
5. The cost benefit analysis only works for drugs that have a clear purpose for the patient

are you suggesting a doctor doesn't say there is risks, and that getting bloodwork and lower usage minimises them? because that is the only two things ive said.

Quick Reply

Latest