The Student Room Group

Will doctor tell my parents what im doing??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
are you suggesting a doctor doesn't say there is risks, and that getting bloodwork and lower usage minimises them? because that is the only two things ive said.

Yeah, and you need to realise that you can't take the 2 things a doctor would say and take them in isolation.
Original post by VeritySleeps
Yeah, and you need to realise that you can't take the 2 things a doctor would say and take them in isolation.

That is a fair point, but in this case it is more of a biological fact. my natural test production MAY shutdown. If I cycle on and off, take a PCT and dont take extreme doses, I can minimise the chances of that happening. Thats not to say what im doing is smart, but I do have my personal reasons for doing it.
That is a fair point, but in this case it is more of a biological fact. my natural test production MAY shutdown. If I cycle on and off, take a PCT and dont take extreme doses, I can minimise the chances of that happening. Thats not to say what im doing is smart, but I do have my personal reasons for doing it.

There is no evidence that those precautions reduce the risks.
Original post by Theloniouss
There is no evidence that those precautions reduce the risks.

LOL. Please dont speak on this subject anymore. It is not a theory it is a fact. Please do research before trying to advise others. It is proven to help kickstart natural hormone production, this isnt some weird pseudoscience. Just as I expected, you are quick to criticise me without actually knowing anything about the topic. a PCT involves drugs that doctors prescribe, and you claim they aren't "proven", lollll.
LOL. Please dont speak on this subject anymore. It is not a theory it is a fact. Please do research before trying to advise others. It is proven to help kickstart natural hormone production, this isnt some weird pseudoscience. Just as I expected, you are quick to criticise me without actually knowing anything about the topic. a PCT involves drugs that doctors prescribe, and you claim they aren't "proven", lollll.

And did the study include children/adolescents? Proof in one sample doesn't mean evidence can be extrapolated
Yo How buff r u rn?
Bc u should only start THINKING abt even taking steroids once ur pretty much at the maximum buffness achievable healthily...

Work out loads. Eat lots of protein (eg chicken breast). U don’t need to take this risk!

Why do u want to be super buff anyway?

Anyway it is very much possible to be super buff with a healthy diet and a perfect regime :wink:
According to the GMC’s good medical practice basically doctors must respect patient confidentiality unless they believe u or someone else is in danger...
If they think the best course of action is to tell ur parents they should only do that after informing u (but they will ofc try to get ur permission first, explaining why this is necessary)

Ha I was hospitalized in Nigeria and everything I told the doctor they told my parents Patient doctor confidentiality only works when you are 18 or above
Ha I was hospitalized in Nigeria and everything I told the doctor they told my parents Patient doctor confidentiality only works when you are 18 or above

Patient confidentiality should apply to all patients. Unless you told the doctors something very dangerous, they shouldn't have told anyone else. I don't know about the rules of confidentiality in Nigeria but you can't say confidentiality isn't real in the UK just because you had a bad experience in another country.
if you go to the doctor at any age, your parents don't and won't know unless you tell them yourself. The only exception is if someone's life (doesn't have to be yours) is a risk from what you told the doctors, at that point they would have to inform your legal guardian/ parent.

As you are over 18, I don't think anyone gets told anything, even if there is life at risk as once you are 18 you are an adult (or thats what it is for UK - assuming you are in UK)
Patient confidentiality should apply to all patients. Unless you told the doctors something very dangerous, they shouldn't have told anyone else. I don't know about the rules of confidentiality in Nigeria but you can't say confidentiality isn't real in the UK just because you had a bad experience in another country.

I legit told them that I wanted to start a business and the name of the business I wanted to start
Original post by HomelyInaccuracy
I legit told them that I wanted to start a business and the name of the business I wanted to start

That doesn't really come under confidential in terms of medicine. I don't know if they were having a chat with your parents but they may have not realised it was private. Unfortunately confidentiality mainly applies to medical conditions though if you don't want people to know other things (e.g. you're learning coding), you may need to make that clear
Original post by oliviapig
if you go to the doctor at any age, your parents don't and won't know unless you tell them yourself. The only exception is if someone's life (doesn't have to be yours) is a risk from what you told the doctors, at that point they would have to inform your legal guardian/ parent.

As you are over 18, I don't think anyone gets told anything, even if there is life at risk as once you are 18 you are an adult (or thats what it is for UK - assuming you are in UK)

Not true. If you are at risk, they will inform family if you get sectioned etc. Doesn't matter your age.

Idk abt Nigeria but what I was saying is true for the nhs (uk) :wink:
That doesn't really come under confidential in terms of medicine. I don't know if they were having a chat with your parents but they may have not realised it was private. Unfortunately confidentiality mainly applies to medical conditions though if you don't want people to know other things (e.g. you're learning coding), you may need to make that clear

I told them that I am not really telling my parents right now but I will tell them soon
Why are you trying to win an argument by changing your point every time you reply? You say its illegal, I address that and then you go on a tangent about health risks. This isnt a debate, stop changing topics, say something and stick with it. And saying it will mess up my hormonal pathways isnt true. There is a risk, but those who follow a proper PCT and cycle off often recover to their regular test levels.

And I just find it funny you think there is "underlying issues", mate its not that serious. If you educate yourself on testosterone you will realise it really isnt as serious as you think, and most your favourite actors use them. Why? because its no more dangerous than drinking or smoking. And the underlying reason is so to get absolutely jacked.

I'm not changing my point. Steroids are a class C drug and you can get charged for something as minor as sharing them with a friend. And of course taking an exogenous hormone is going to mess up your homeostasis - if you don't think it does, why the hell do you want your GP to check your bloods? :rolleyes:

If you think that doing something stupid is OK just because your favourite actors are doing it, and also think that smoking and drinking are not dangerous, then I am very right in thinking that there is an underlying issue here.
I don't know what a deflection rhetoric is. In what way am I ignorant or arrogant? And what relevance does someone studying biology or medicine have to do with me

I don't claim to be a qualified doctor capable of advising others, so the comparison seems irrelevant. I have done my own research to use them as responsible as I can, that is to say, I am minimising the risks, not entirely eliminating them, as that would be impossible. The reason I referred to drinking and smoking as examples was that they are socially accepted, and I doubt you would label someone as ignorant and stupid for having a drink on occasion.

Instead of being aggressive and personally attacking me, how about rationalising your viewpoints and trying to educate me, if I am so ill-informed as you claim. a 400mg of test a week isn't going to kill me, specifically when I'm consulting with my doctor to get bloodwork (which ive decided im going to). It seems your priority is forcing an argument with a teenager who isn't trying to argue, rather than answering or contributing to the thread. Whatever fuels your ego, but not on this thread please.

400mg a week is higher than what men with hypogonadism are prescribed so you really have no clue what you are talking about. Your GP will most likely refuse to do bloods for you, btw, and quite rightly so.

Quick Reply

Latest