The Student Room Group

Do you have curly hair? [Hair updates - I think]

Scroll to see replies

I wash my hair about every 5 days and it doesn't really tangle. I use oils and usually spray some leave in conditioner every night then tie it in a silk scarf. That helps.

Similar here. If I leave it and don't do anything it's just v wavy but with the right products/if I use my diffuser it's more curly.
Hair type 2 of some sort I'd say. Hair can be a combo of curly and wavy. My hair is feathered, shortest is around my collarbone but the longest goes down past my butt when straightened. But my shortest layers are much curlier whilst longer hair is more wavy.

a5eb7f047965758477328e34a6f8eb79.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)
Between 2a and 2b I'd say. It's very wavy but sometimes a lil more curly. Varies between;

Spoiler

Yeah the second pic is when I use a diffuser etc. Otherwise it's more wavy like in pic 1. When it gets longer it gets much heavier etc so doesn't curl up as much. (For me anyway!)
I have quite a low hairline at the back of my neck with loads of baby hairs and they can get very curly and knotted! I've had my hair shoulder length but I was 15 and obsessed with straightening it so it was rarely natural and just damaged af.
Original post by Truflais
Between 2a and 2b I'd say. It's very wavy but sometimes a lil more curly. Varies between;

Spoiler

my hair is like the first picture and its wavy and I have a very inconsistent curl pattern. When my hairs greasy or if I don't wash it for two days it gets quite curly like 2c/3a. Any tips?
Original post by ruru06
my hair is like the first picture and its wavy and I have a very inconsistent curl pattern. When my hairs greasy or if I don't wash it for two days it gets quite curly like 2c/3a. Any tips?

How often are you washing it? I wash it twice a week max. (Been working from home recently so once a week rn 😳) I spray leave in conditioner over night and leave it in a silk scarf. Sometimes I spray some salt spray mixed with oil on the ends and scrunch a little as my ends can be quite limp. Maybe look into a diffuser too if you don't have one?
Original post by Truflais
How often are you washing it? I wash it twice a week max. (Been working from home recently so once a week rn 😳) I spray leave in conditioner over night and leave it in a silk scarf. Sometimes I spray some salt spray mixed with oil on the ends and scrunch a little as my ends can be quite limp. Maybe look into a diffuser too if you don't have one?

Usually twice a week or if it's really greasyy and the back of my hair is straight/wavy and its just the top that is wavy/curly
I have like 3c/4a curls and my hair is so tangled and messy in the morning probably because I move a lot in my sleep. I’m gonna get a hair bonet to wear as I sleep so that doesn’t happen. I use hair shampoo everyday but I stopped doing that as I was told it’s not good for my hair type. Maybe braid it or a twist your hair and put them in tiny sections overnight.
Ask if someone else can notice it because sometimes we think we notice things about ourselves when it’s not as bad as we think.

I lose so much hair in the shower and brushing I think it’s normal for curly hair. We have too much knots
Ok, watching the thread closely :smile:
Ok? Is there a pic
where are they?
Sure
I’ve tried as I ams hydrating lotion I feel like it helps to detangle. My hair is type 3 hair with some 2a pieces. Also noughtys, “intense hydration hair mask” helps me so much. I apply it in the shower, from mid section to end, leave it in for about 3/5 minutes and then wash it off. It makes such a huge difference when I come out, and have to brush my hair. Also it’s sulphate and paraben free I’m sure which is also a plus plus as there’s no nasty chemicals :smile:
shea moisture is also good but it can get a little heavy for me, just depends on your hair type

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending