The Student Room Group

Skills learnt from not gong to school?

To all GCSE and A level students, what have you learnt/learning at home that you think you did because we were in homes? I definitely haven't learnt any school stuff but I think it gave me more time to focus on passing my theory test...
Learning new language
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Learning new language

Cool! What language are you learing?
Original post by suga&amp
Cool! What language are you learing?

Spanish. I don’t think I would’ve started if it wasn’t for lockdown.
Original post by suga&kookies
Cool! What language are you learning

Learning
Started reading for fun and painting again :awesome:
Original post by laurawatt
Started reading for fun and painting again :awesome:

It's really sad how I have put off reading as well. Used to read like crazy and now there's practically nothing I read.
It's really sad how I have put off reading as well. Used to read like crazy and now there's practically nothing I read.

I know right! Used to read so much as a kid but only recently taken it up again :smile:
i never went to school and i learnt everything i know from myself lol:biggrin: its easy i dont know why your all complaining lol:u:
That my theory that the country would collapse without it's exams actually held some water.

That my belief that the true purposes of school are childcare and indoctrination was 100% correct.

Audiobooks are amazing if you can adapt to them :yep: there’s loads on bbc sounds and youtube
Spirituality
Teamwork
Confidence
Positive mindset
Empathy to a extent
Resourcefulness
To all GCSE and A level students, what have you learnt/learning at home that you think you did because we were in homes? I definitely haven't learnt any school stuff but I think it gave me more time to focus on passing my theory test...

spelling
Most of what I know today was learnt on the internet, school never taught me anything.
Individual talents and passions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending