The Student Room Group

I work in a stressful job and I need some tips

So I'm currently working in a private nursery in the baby room and quite long hours 9hrs 5 days a week. I've found out stress affects me physically and I get quite bad nausea.

I tried to look forward to certain things after work like self care after dealing with kids all day or even just watching a episode it worked a lot! But of course cause of lockdown I haven't been at work for 2 months and I'm going back on Monday. I dont have much energy.

I was thinking of bringing my book into work so I can read during my lunch break even play music while reading just to have a proper break and distract myself. I know my work affects me mentally and physically I just want to control my stress and find ways to calm myself down.

Any tips will be amazing x
if stress affects u to the point where u feel sick u should see a doctor bc I don't think that's quite normal. however if you don't prefer medication or to go down that route write down why/what stresses u out and see what u could do or change bout urself in order for u to stress less.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm currently working in a private nursery in the baby room and quite long hours 9hrs 5 days a week. I've found out stress affects me physically and I get quite bad nausea.

I tried to look forward to certain things after work like self care after dealing with kids all day or even just watching a episode it worked a lot! But of course cause of lockdown I haven't been at work for 2 months and I'm going back on Monday. I dont have much energy.

I was thinking of bringing my book into work so I can read during my lunch break even play music while reading just to have a proper break and distract myself. I know my work affects me mentally and physically I just want to control my stress and find ways to calm myself down.

Any tips will be amazing x

My advice is find what works for you-clearly reading and playing music does and I think you should certainly incorporate them into your breaks. However, I think you should also find ways of making your work more enjoyable-I believe you may only be stressed out because you feel the demands of the work and they are in turn working against you. If you can find a way to love what you do then you are really in control, otherwise find a job and an environment that is better suited to who you are-there's no true personal benefit in staying at a job you are stressing over-embrace yourself before you ever embrace a job or money.

Quick Reply

Latest