The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography Apprenticeship

I am looking at doing Diagnostic Radiography as a degree and wanted to know if I could do this as an apprenticeship. Is this possible?
Reply 1
If you are working in a Radiography Dept you can apply to do a recognised course to get a qualification _ as a day release style course . This is not degree level so you wont be a qualified radiographer at the end.
For example there are roles to be a breast screening rad asst.
NHS Apprenticeships are available for other areas and are different _ those available are advertised on NHS jobs website. Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by bmmickel
I am looking at doing Diagnostic Radiography as a degree and wanted to know if I could do this as an apprenticeship. Is this possible?

Yes, I think they are pretty new courses but qualification through a degree apprenticeship is now possible. I think Exeter and SHU offer it and you have to already be in a dept and employer sponsored to do it . Not sure how you find them (nhsjobs?) Look at society of radiographers website too as that may throw up other providers and more info.
Reply 3
Original post by Urse
If you are working in a Radiography Dept you can apply to do a recognised course to get a qualification _ as a day release style course . This is not degree level so you wont be a qualified radiographer at the end.
For example there are roles to be a breast screening rad asst.
NHS Apprenticeships are available for other areas and are different _ those available are advertised on NHS jobs website. Hope this helps

Yes, thank you it does!
Reply 4
Original post by lhop
Yes, I think they are pretty new courses but qualification through a degree apprenticeship is now possible. I think Exeter and SHU offer it and you have to already be in a dept and employer sponsored to do it . Not sure how you find them (nhsjobs?) Look at society of radiographers website too as that may throw up other providers and more info.

Hi sorry I gave you wrong info _ I had looked for this route myself but didnt find this info _ but it is available at the 2 unis mentioned _ Sheffield / Exeter- I suggest you contact the unis direct as they can tell you which hosps they work with so you can ask if those places if have roles available or when these are coming up. You would probably still apply through nhs jobs website
Reply 5
Original post by Urse
Hi sorry I gave you wrong info _ I had looked for this route myself but didnt find this info _ but it is available at the 2 unis mentioned _ Sheffield / Exeter- I suggest you contact the unis direct as they can tell you which hosps they work with so you can ask if those places if have roles available or when these are coming up. You would probably still apply through nhs jobs website

No worries, thank you for letting me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending