The Student Room Group

Book recommendations?

I'm running out of options lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by getlostloser

What are you generally into, and what sort of genre do you like reading?
You should check out wattpad :smile:

do you like non-fiction? YA? sci-fi?
Original post by MindMax2000
What are you generally into, and what sort of genre do you like reading?

Fiction, and those self help books. But I recently read the alchemist and I found that to be really good.
Original post by kittyfifi123456
You should check out wattpad :smile:

HAHHA LMAO I have!! It's weird and I don't know what exactly to read! What are your recommendations?
Original post by thara987
do you like non-fiction? YA? sci-fi?

Yes to non-fiction but not really sci-fi. Maybe it's because I haven't found a good book in the genre yet but I am open to suggestions!
Fiction, and those self help books. But I recently read the alchemist and I found that to be really good.

I kind of have a narrow range of taste for fiction books. They're most on Victorian era and the occasional spy thriller.

In terms of self help, it would be probably best to look at what you need the most. I find The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz and Feel the fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers being key for me. Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins is a good one for me.

There are plenty of books on business related skills that I would recommend, but it might not be considered mainstream self help.
Reply 8

Do you like crime books? If so, I'd suggest "A good Girl's Guide to Murder." It's a series: the second one is "Good Girl, Bad Blood." I've only read the first one, and I loved it. I'm about to read the second one today. Only just ordered it.
If you like dystopia, one of my favourites are "Flawed." Again this is a series: the second one is "Perfect." I've read both, and they were both good. Personally, I preferred the first one.
I'd also recommend "Journey to the River Sea." It's kind of olden-dayish, but it's an adventure novel. I quite like it.
I hope this has been useful.
try amazon
I'm currently reading The Chain by Adrian McKinty! It's where a girl (Kylie) gets kidnapped and the only way the mother (Rachel) can get her kid back is by kidnapping someone else's child. If Rachel doesn't do this successfully, Kylie will be killed. As the name suggests, it's pretty much a chain of kidnapping. Only half way through but I recommend it!
Original post by AA..
Do you like crime books? If so, I'd suggest "A good Girl's Guide to Murder." It's a series: the second one is "Good Girl, Bad Blood." I've only read the first one, and I loved it. I'm about to read the second one today. Only just ordered it.
If you like dystopia, one of my favourites are "Flawed." Again this is a series: the second one is "Perfect." I've read both, and they were both good. Personally, I preferred the first one.
I'd also recommend "Journey to the River Sea." It's kind of olden-dayish, but it's an adventure novel. I quite like it.
I hope this has been useful.

Oh my gosh yes I love crime. I'll try reading all! Thanks :smile:!
Original post by MindMax2000
I kind of have a narrow range of taste for fiction books. They're most on Victorian era and the occasional spy thriller.

In terms of self help, it would be probably best to look at what you need the most. I find The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz and Feel the fear and do it anyway by Susan Jeffers being key for me. Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins is a good one for me.

There are plenty of books on business related skills that I would recommend, but it might not be considered mainstream self help.

Ohhh okay. I'll check those out. What fiction books do you recommend?
Original post by natashaxoxo
I'm currently reading The Chain by Adrian McKinty! It's where a girl (Kylie) gets kidnapped and the only way the mother (Rachel) can get her kid back is by kidnapping someone else's child. If Rachel doesn't do this successfully, Kylie will be killed. As the name suggests, it's pretty much a chain of kidnapping. Only half way through but I recommend it!

That sounds really interesting! I'll have to get it. Do you have any other recommendations? I'm actually not located in UK and I'm stuck in winter storm uri so I've been indoors for a while and bored lol.
Original post by tinygirl96
try amazon

The book amazon or website?
website
website amazon
website

But what books? I've been looking through amazon btw
any really
any really

yeah but I have specific taste in books I'm not going to read just anything that'll just bore me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending